Chapter 07

After the feast was over and Cassiopeia felt like she wouldn't be able to eat again for a week, t last, the desserts too disappeared, and Professor Dumbledore got to his feet again. The hall fell silent and all eyes were on him.

"Now that we've all enjoyed the feast, our cozy beds await us," he said. "But now, before we go to bed, let us sing the school song!" cried Dumbledore. Cassiopeia noticed all the teachers were now smiling.

"The school song?" Sirius frowned and Cassiopeia shrugged in response.

Dumbledore gave his wand a little flick as if he was trying to get a fly off the end, and a long golden ribbon flew out of it, which rose high above the tables and twisted itself, snakelike, into words.

"Everyone pick their favorite tune," said Dumbledore, "and off we go!"

And the school bellowed:

"Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,

Teach us something please,

Whether we be old and bald

Or young with scabby knees,

Our heads could do with filling

With some interesting stuff,

For now they're bare and full of air,

Dead flied and bits of fluff,

So teach us things worth knowing,

Bring back what we've forgot,

Just do your best, we'll do the rest,

And learn until our brains all rot."

At last, Everybody finished the song at different times.

"This has to be some sort of new torture method," Cassiopeia grimaced.

"Oh, stop, it wasn't that bad!" James tried to reason.

"It was awful,"

"I think it's hilarious!"

"It's weird,"

"What do you think, Sirius?"

"Sorry, mate, I've got to agree with Cassie on this one,"

"I feel betrayed!"

"Now you may return to your dormitories. Prefects, please show the first years the way. Now off to bed! Pip! Pip!

With that, One of the fifth-year Gryffindor prefects stood up, facing the crowd at the end of the table.

"Gryffindor first years, please follow me!" He called loudly, and so, the sleepy kids stood from the table and followed their prefect out of The Great Hall.

While the Slytherins moved toward the dungeons and the Hufflepuffs walked down the marble staircase, the Gryffindors and Ravenclaws went up the staircase until they eventually parted ways.

"This is the most direct way to the common room, although fair warning: the staircases tend to change sometimes, so you'd want to be careful." The prefect called out as the first years followed him up the many stairs.

"Look at that one!" James pointed to a portrait filled with quidditch players zooming in and out.

Cassioepia flinched hard when water balloons were dropped from the air onto the students in the front, soaking them all as the let out surprised screams.

"That's got to be Peeves!" Cassiopeia and James said at the same time, they instantly faced each other with huge grins, luckily the three of them were far behind so they weren't victims of the water balloons.

"Peeves!" The prefect called angrily, looking around for something that was clearly invisible, the he turned to the first years who were soaked from head to toe, "That would be Peeves the poltergeist."

They all gasped and some of them squealed when there was a pop, and a little man with wicked, dark eyes and a wide mouth appeared, floating cross-legged in the air,