twelve, winter wonderland.

TWELVE 🗞️ ˎˊ˗
real life, imessage.

TWELVE 🗞️ ˎˊ˗real life, imessage

WELLS RESIDENCE; NEW JERSEY.
━━━ THE WEEKEND AFTER, 17:45PM.

"i hate math.." i mumbled to myself, dropping my pen onto my homework sheet before sighing to myself as i planted myself on my bed.

i didn't have any skate practice today, thankfully. i don't think i could deal with seeing ethan's face anymore than i already do at school. i'd also tried talking to coach mills about switching my partner or at least entering nationals as a solo act but he'd made it perfectly clear that we were already short on time and it would just make unnecessary mess and drama if i'd replaced ethan.

i personally think he just wanted to see me suffer with ethan and because of his very obvious soft spot with him. prick.

speaking of school, our project on psychology class were due next week (guess mr laurier wasn't joking when he said time would fly,) and despite us only being grouped together for a project, our group generally did learn a lot about each other with their hobbies and personalities, which made us grow so much closer together.

like with aurelia and her passion for singing and that she wanted to study music in berkeley, eloise with their artistic skills, sam and his hand in animals (he adores them,) hayden and his dream in becoming a writer. i even learned that not only was brady a soccer player, he also loved volleyball too and was planning to go to ucla for it.

everyone knew something about the other and how that had a tie in their personality and how they are as a person and how their actions are heavily influenced by.

well, everyone but connor but that was mostly because i already knew him so much as a person anyways so i didn't think i would need to know him further in depth, if that makes any sense?

speaking of him, ever since we implemented the idea that we would start over and become friends, we'd grown really close. he always made the best jokes and made me laugh and it would always remind me of when we dated, seeing as that's where i'd discovered his humorous side anyways.

and then i reminded myself again that we were just friends. that's all we would ever be. i just couldn't go through another series of heartbreak again.

"hey maddie, you should start getting ready now, the others'll be here soon." hayden suddenly popped his head through my door, my brows furrowing at him. "seriously hayden. what have i said about knocking??" i pointed my pen at him.

"we live in the same house." he deadpanned but i just rolled my eyes at him. "so?? what if i were changing?" i scolded. "okay touché. just get ready already! i'm not waiting an hour on your ass again, not after last week." he stated before leaving swiftly just as my pillow that i was throwing at him.