|6| Unraveling Obsessions

"If obsession is not love, I have never loved "

★⋆. ࿐࿔

As Abhimanyu drove his car through the familiar streets from the airport, he felt himself getting closer to home with each turn. On his way, he pulled over by the side of the road, his eyes locking onto the gates of a nearby college.

He sat there, completely focused, waiting for a specific moment. His gaze didn’t waver, and he didn’t even blink, afraid he might miss something important.

Checking his watch, he quietly murmured to himself,

"She’ll be here soon."

Right on time, Riddhima appeared, stepping out of the college gates in a stunning blue suit, her long hair flowing freely around her. She stood there, patiently waiting for her car.

Abhimanyu stared at her, completely captivated, his admiration for her so strong it bordered on obsession.

"How can someone be so unbelievably beautiful?"

He wondered to himself, as his favorite song played softly in the background, making the moment feel even more special.

"That traditional outfit looks like it was made just for her,"

He whispered to himself, admiring her grace and beauty.

The urge to walk up to her and say,

"Princess, your Abhi is here," pulled at his heart, but he held back, knowing the right moment for that was yet to come.

Still, he firmly believed that soon she would be by his side, and they would be together forever.

Suddenly, a young boy walked up to her and casually placed his hand on her shoulder, making them both laugh together, though Abhimanyu couldn’t understand why.

Instantly, Abhimanyu’s mood shifted, his face darkening as the happiness drained from it, replaced by a wave of jealousy.

His grip on the steering wheel tightened so much that his knuckles turned white, and his veins stood out in frustration.

"How dare he touch her like that? And why isn’t she even trying to move his hand?"

He fumed inwardly, his anger growing stronger with every second.

Determined to find out who this guy was, Abhimanyu quickly grabbed his phone and made a call.

"Find out everything about the boy standing with her,"

He ordered, his voice sharp and tense before hanging up.

"I can't stand this,"

He muttered to himself.

"I won't allow any other guy near Riddhima, not even his shadow. I will show this motherfucker his rightful place."

Just then, Riddhima's car arrived. She waved goodbye to the young man and got into the vehicle, driving off.

Watching with anger simmering inside him, Abhimanyu made a silent vow:

"You'll pay for this, Riddhima."

With that, he started his car and sped off into the night.

★⋆. ࿐࿔

As Riddhima headed home, she called someone on the phone.

"Hey, you were supposed to show up today. Why didn’t you?"

She asked, her voice tinged with disappointment.

"Sorry, sweetheart. Ever since Dad made me the head, I’ve been swamped with work. I barely have any time for myself,"

He replied.

"Stop calling me 'sweetheart,' Veer. I know exactly how busy you are,"

She shot back, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

"Ever since you left Chandigarh for Delhi, things have been pretty calm around here,"

Veer teased, his tone playful.

"Don't even start! You also know you are missing me. It's been two years since I left Chandigarh, but I still miss my old home,"

Riddhima admitted, her voice soft with emotion.

"We didn't even notice you were gone. And now you're just wasting my office time,"

Veer joked.

Before Riddhima could respond, the call suddenly cut off.

"Did he really just hang up on me?"

She muttered, clearly annoyed.

★⋆. ࿐࿔

When Riddhima arrived home, the silence felt overwhelming. Only a few maids were around, and the emptiness of the house was hard to ignore. The absence of her sister, who had gotten married and moved out, weighed on her, making her feel even lonelier.

But there was another emptiness that hurt even more – the absence of Abhi, who had disappeared from her life 9 years ago. He left without any answers, and no matter how hard she tried, she and Veer hadn’t been able to find him or his family.

Together, Riddhima and Veer searched tirelessly, hoping to locate Abhi, but it was no use. Even with her mother's help, they couldn’t track him down.

As she sat in the quiet house, a soft whisper slipped from her lips,

"I miss you, Abhi."

★⋆. ࿐࿔