BERNICW SPECIAL(jj and y/n go to the beach)

Y/N'S POV:

Today your father is taking you to daycare! Your mom packs your lunch and sends you off... but today is special, BECAUSE YOUR DAYCARE IS GOING TO TBE BEACH!!

You have your swimsuit packed and ready. On the drive there you can't stop thinking about JJ. You would like to swim with him and get excited thinking about splashing in the water with him!

As you arrive, you quickly gather your things and rush inside. You practically throw your stuff at Mrs. Appleberry as you run to go greet your special friend.

"HI JJ!!!"

JJ turns around quickly and jumps. "AH! y/n you scared me!"

You laugh. You can't help but smile when you feel this way around him. You feel your cheeks flush and quickly run off to greet your other friends.

"Hi y/n! are you ready for beach day!!?" Codi asks.

"Yeah! I'm so ready!!" you jump excitedly. You catch JJ looking at you but he quickly looks away.

Suddenly, "Alright everyone! Do you all have your things? We will be leaving soon!" Mrs. Appleberry shouts.

"Yes!" We all shouted back.

You run up to Argatha and Kelly, who are holding hands. You secretly feel jealous because they look so happy together.

'I wish I had someone who liked me like they like each other..' you think before Kelly pulls you in for a hug!

"Hi y/n!! I'm so excited to go to the beach with you and everyone!"

"Yeah! Me too Kelly!"

You and Kelly have always been close, knowing each other since before she met Argatha.

"We're gonna have so much fun! Right Argatha!?"

"Right.." Argatha says.

You notice Argatha staring at Kelly the same way JJ stares at you, but before you have anymore time to think, Mrs. Appleberry calls everyone to the bus.

You get to sit with JJ because his mom is volunteering! You're excited to sit next to your best friend!! You sit in the window seat because you got on the bus first.

You talk to JJ most of the way there, but he seems to not be interested because he keeps looking away and isn't listening very well.

You wonder if you did something wrong, but you brush it off.

Finally you arrive at the beach and JJ's mom puts sunscreen on you both and sends you off to play while she watches.

You run to meet Argatha, Kelly, Bernice, Fran, and Melody. JJ trails behind you.

"Hey guys!" you yell.

"Hey y/n!" Bernice says back.

"Guys, let's all go in the water!" Kelly says and you all run to the water and jump in!

They all start splashing each other but you don't really enjoy that so you go over to JJ swimming by himself.

You wave.

He waves.

You sit in the water with him and it's quiet, but you enjoy sitting with him quietly admiring his one strand of hair.

After a while had passed you. any near it anymore. So you get up and grab his a to go swim.

"AH Y/N WHAT ARE YOU-"

"Let's go swim JJ, we need to have fun! it's the beach after all!" you smile and feel your face become warm.

You notice JJ's face is red too. You don't like splashing but you splash JJ anyway. He looks annoyed but his expression quickly changes to a more playful look and he splashes you back and get into a full splash fight. It's fun.

You enjoy spending time with JJ. When you and him are together you feel warm and safe.

After spending 2 more hours playing with JJ, you both get bored and JJ's mom says that she'll get ice cream cones to share with everyone and other snacks!

When she gets back you get a vanilla and chocolate swirl come and happily lick away the soft serve.

"MM THIS IS SOO GOOD!!" you exclaim.

You see JJ sad because he doesn't have a cone so you walk up to him,

"Here JJ! let's share!" you say.

He looks at you and you blush and looks away, "only if you want to of course!! i'm not forcing you to!"

He takes the cone and takes a huge bite of it! 😡

Your shocked, "WAH- JJ WHAT THE HECK??!!??!"

JJ laughs and you hit his shoulder.

"YOU BULLY!" Your face is so red.

He gives the cone back and you bite off a piece this time. JJ is still smiling at you. You don't stay mad at JJ for long as you and JJ start cracking up.

You both can't stop laughing for some reason! You let JJ finish the cone.

You hear Mrs. Appleberry say that it's time to go back home, so you pack your things.

It was a quiet bus ride back- well at least you think so because you fell asleep on JJ's shoulder and you can't stop thinking about it.

You get home and you're so tired from this afternoon you fall asleep. Before fully drifting to sleep you think about JJ... you think you like him..

END OF BERNICE SPECIAL!!!

~~~~~
Word count: 856