Why is everything normal?

Goal: 35 comments ✨

All through the night, I was anxious and scared. I kept praying that my parents don't receive any letters from my school.

Eventually, I fell asleep!

When I woke up this morning, I was being sluggish, because I didn't want to get to school on time.
Mom called me out for breakfast, and everything seemed normal.
Dad was reading the newspaper, Joey was eating his Prince sugar plum cereals, and mom was drinking coffee.
No one mentioned anything about a letter from my school, which means there was no letter!!! Phew!

I arrived at school 10 minutes late today, on purpose. I was still a little bit worried that something would go wrong.

First period came, and it was math. I snoozed out of the boring lecture and calculations most of the time.
The class was so boring, I could actually feel my brain cells dyingggg!
*gasp* What if I turned into a zombie? My brain would be rotten and mushy like Jessica's. Ewww!

First period passed, alongside with second period and third, lunch time came, so did fourth period and it was finally fifth period.
During fifth period, Zoey and I were excused for LSA duties.
To be honest, I was still mad at Zoey for bailing on me yesterday, but I don't think she noticed. She was just talking to me like nothing happened, and I was like "mhm, yh, whatever".

"Lol, you should have seen Jessica's face when Ryan said no! It was golden".
"Mhm, yh, whatever", I replied nonchalantly.
Zoey must have sensed that I wasn't being myself because she finally asked, "Umm, Chloe? Is everything okay?"
"Yeah, sure, whatever!" I rolled my eyes at her and kept shelving books.
"Why do you keep talking like that? Are you mad at me or something?" She asked as she was stacking some books.

I was shocked by that silly question!Wasn't it obvious?Was she pretending to be oblivious to the fact that she got me in trouble because of her stupid dare?!

Wasn't it obvious?
Was she pretending to be oblivious to the fact that she got me in trouble because of her stupid dare?!

"Do you even have to ask? Isn't it pretty obvious!" I shot back, and continued shelving books.

"But why are you mad? Did I do something wrong?" She asked with a little bit of tears in her eyes. I was starting to feel sorry for her.

"Look Zoey,......" I couldn't finish my statement.

"Of course she has every right to be mad at you!" I got interrupted by this very annoying human being that's always drowning in lipgloss!

MACKENZIE!

"Why are you here Mackenzie?" I asked in an irritated tone.

"Chillax girl! Jess and I just strolled in here to get a book or two for our geometry assignment. Look, we have our hall passes", she waved the hall passes in the air.

Ugh! Big deal 😒

"You two don't look so good" Jessica teased. Infact, Jessica is always TEASING!

"Even I noticed that Jess! Y'all are fighting right?" Mackenzie snarled. Zoey and I just stayed quiet.
"Chloe, you have every right to be mad at Zoey" Mackenzie continued, "I'd also be upset if I were in your place".

"But why should she be mad at me? What did I do?" Zoey asked, confused.

" Don't you know what you did? Are you suffering from a severe case of anesia or something? You got Chloe in trouble, and I think she should totally unfriend you!" Mackenzie said, batting her eyelashes like a witch and applying another layer of LIPGLOSS!

" I agree with you Mac. Zoey doesn't deserve a friend like Chloe! How can a friend dare her friend to do something that could get her friend expelled, and then abandon her friend when her friend needed her the most? That's just cruel!" Jessica shook her head in disappointment.

I wondered how they found out about all these? Have they been spying on us?! Or did Zoey tell them? Is she part of them?
One thing's for sure, Mackenzie and Jessica would win an award for best bff break up scene someday!
It was like, they were trying to make us fight or something.

"For shame Zoey!" Mackenzie added. Then she and Jessica sashayed away.

Zoey and I just stood in silence, not knowing what to say.

"Well, I'm sorry if I hurt you Chloe, it wasn't on purpose" Zoey said

I felt sorry for her, so I was going to accept her apology, but she totally ruined it!

"TBH, I don't think there was any need for you to report me to Jessica and Mackenzie! Who do they think they are to judge me like that?! I admit I wronged you, but you had absolutely no right to gossip me! " Zoey yelled angrily.

I couldn't believe my ears!
At first, I took it as a joke. But she looked so serious and angry. I know I've only known her for like, 4 days or so, but I've never seen this side of her. I was convinced!
This was the real Zoey!
Ill-mannered and SELFISH!

"FYI Zoey, I didn't tell them anything! But I think you've been going around, gossiping about ME! You probably told them, because you're part of their little group! Now I know why you dared me to shove Jessica's face in her food, because you three planned it, to get me humiliated" I yelled back.

Zoey looked at me like I was crazy!
" Three? What do you mean by that? "

" I mean, YOU, MACKENZIE AND JESSICA! You guys are a team. And you've totally been deceiving me! I feel like an idiot. I can't believe I trusted you. I don't want to ever talk to you AGAIN!"

I walked out of the library, but I heard her say, " Well I don't want to talk to you either little miss gossip! I'm unfriending YOU! ", but I ignored her.

Ugh, I knew something would go wrong today, it was just too normal to be true!
Mackenzie and Jessica finally got their revenge on me. Firstly, they made me scared, because I thought there was going to be a letter of complaint for my parents. Then, they both ruined my relationship with Zoey. But they did help me see Zoey's true colours.

This is what I get for befriending someone without doing a background check! Hmph!