~*~|| Alea iacta est ||~*~

It was pretty evident by the faces of the soldiers and the warriors gathered that morning, that their morale was at an all time low

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

It was pretty evident by the faces of the soldiers and the warriors gathered that morning, that their morale was at an all time low. Not only had the Grandsire of the Kurus eliminated a massive portion of their armies yesterday, their best warrior was absent from the melee. 

Everyone was jittery at best and outright despondent at worst. 

"Are you sure, Arjun won't be able to join us today?", Virat, the Matsya King almost whined. 

Yudhishtir, who was renowned for his saint like patience could feel it an inch close to snapping. His younger brother had still not gained consciousness and lay almost comatose while his allies were more concerned about the temporary losses which they will, no doubt have to face, yet again today. 

In his mind, the Eldest Kaunteya knew that it was not fair to the soldiers to be thinking of them so callously, but a brother's heart refused to settle at all. He could hardly think straight as his Phalgun remained unresponsive to even the doctors' treatments. 

And to top all that, Vasudev Krishna had left a massive glaring void in their ranks. 

It was like that they had already surrendered. 

"No Maharaja. He is.. still indisposed. But don't worry. We will manage. Encourage your men right now. They need it", the eldest Pandava retorted calmly. 

"It is not only the soldiers who need encouragement, Kuntiputra", Virat muttered disappointed but walked away towards his appointed regiment with dragging steps. 

Satyaki and Drishtadyumna had taken key positions in their battle formation today. The plan was that they will try to hide the fact that the only man who could terrorize the other side as much as Bheeshma had them, was not present. 

At this point, defence seemed like the best offence. 

"Jyeshta, today you are going to remain at the furthest end, behind all of us. Drish will make sure you are within eyesight throughout", Bhim said urgently, storming towards his older brother, his haggard face rigid with lingering tension. 

Yudhishtir wanted to protest even if he knew it was in their best interest. 

Without Arjun, the Kauravas would jump at the chance to capture him alive. They couldn't risk that happening or else the war will get over before it had even progressed properly. 

Suddenly a commotion made both the brothers whip towards the direction of the increasing muttering noises which were coming from the back. As the sea of soldiers parted, their long drawn out faces brightening up as fast as the sky gets after a heavy downpour. 

The Pandava duo looked gobsmacked as from between their men, stalked Savyasachi, in his full glory. 

No one, who had seen Arjun drop like a stringless puppet yesterday evening, would be able to discern anything wrong with him. He looked completely normal. But for those who knew him well enough, like his two older brothers, they could see the warm dusky colour of his skin harbouring a pasty ashen shade. 

Viraahजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें