Chapter 1 - New High School

Just wanted to say thank you if you are reading this. It's my first fanfic I would be publishing so don't expect top of the world style writing. Constructive criticism is welcome 🤗. Just so you know, Y/n is joining mid term, so the team has played together. 

Y/n POV:

"Y/n, wake up it's time to go to school!" mum shouted from the kitchen. I woke up suddenly. I was seated on my gaming chair, hands still on controller. I groaned. I had been playing for 8 hours straight. 'How does one play Call of Duty for 8 hours?' I thought to myself as I quickly wear my new uniform.

 Karasuno High School Uniform.

 It was going to be my first day there, and I wasn't too keen on going. I hated meeting new people. They always want to know everything about you, from your name to age to address, and then there was the 'State something interesting about you' question... I shuddered at the thought.

"Y/n, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING UP THERE?!" 

Shit. I had zoned out and mum was getting angry. 

"I'm coming!" I quickly yelled while grabbing my school bag and running downstairs. There was a sandwich on a plate which I grabbed without looking. Dad wasn't around; he had gone to work early. I sighed. When you're a national volleyball coach, I guess you have to work on time...

———————————————————————-

Time skip...

———————————————————————-

"Join a club! Anyone looking for a new club to join?". I was met with seniors shouting out names of clubs, and new first years running to them and bowing uncontrollably like their life depended on it. I was a first year as well, but I saw the people in my year like... children. I walk through the hallway, almost going unnoticed till a very pretty senior came up to me.

"Hey, have you joined a club yet?".

I shook my head. I didn't feel like talking; the strength to talk was too much to use. 

"Umm, hi, my name is Kiyoko Shimizu, and I am the manager of the male volleyball club".

Volleyball? I lifted up my head. That was my dad's sport. I had tried it several times in middle school and I was good, ngl, but I couldn't be bothered to play in actual tournaments. Call of Duty and Walking Dead were my main strengths, tho. 

"I'm L/n F/n" I responded.

"If you don't mind, can I show you the team? We are kind of looking for another manager. You don't have to, of course, but I think you might want to just see them before making any conclusions". I sighed. I honestly had nothing better to do. I had come to Karasuno due to my dad's relatively unhealthy obsession with the 'Murder of Crows'. He thought that since I've seen him coach the Japan team, I could use that 'big head of mine' (his words, not mine) to turn the 'clipped wing crows' back to normal again. 

I followed Kiyoko-san into a fairly large hall with a net. As the door opened, all the guys turn and look at me. I quickly looked down as Kiyoko-san introduced me to the team.

"Everyone, this is Y/n, and I brought her here to see whether she wants to be a manager of the team. Y/n, any interesting fact about yourself?".

Damn it. Not this question.

"Uhm, my dad is the coach for Japan national volleyball team..." I murmur, hoping that they didn't hear me. 

They did.

"OH MY GAWD, BEAUTY AND EXPERIENCE!!!!!" a tall, bald looking guy shouted. I flinched. 

"Tanaka, don't scare her like that", a dad looking guy said. I later found out that he was the captain and his name was Daichi Sawamura.