Pilot - First person POV

"Alastair! can you help me?" Shouted my mom from the kitchen. Of course I instantly went there to help her boil eggs. Then, I realized that it's almost 7 a.m, which means the sun is up. I brushed my teeth, ate breakfast, then drove to the field.
On the way, I saw a group of people, perhaps 25-30 year olds, laughing at my car. I was confused, I checked my rear mirror, and there was a pair of socks tied to my car. I was annoyed, but I brushed it off. I needed to get to the field as quick as I can, since I was tasked to recruit lieutenants for my upcoming mission.
I finally got there and parked my car, until I saw the same group of people that laughed at my car earlier. They didn't seem to care, so I went straight to the Admiral.
"Ah, perfect timing! Those lieutenants will be here shortly, you may take a seat, captain." said the Admiral. I obviously did as he said, and while waiting for the lieutenants, I put on my name badge. Suddenly, I heard the doors open. I glanced, and saw those group of people again. They did not expect me to be their captain, though. They look rather... scared. I quickly introduced myself briefly, and began the attendance check. Morning, I'm Captain Alastair Reed, or known as "Wildcard". I will be your captain for the next two months. You are all gathered here as the best naval aviators in the country. So, I'll teach you how to fly quickly, precisely, and safely. I'm sure you lieutenants know how to operate an F-18, right? When I spat those words out, some of them looked a bit pissed off, though I found it rather.. funny. Alright, we have Lieutenant Finneas "Flipper" Woods, Lieutenant Amanda "Tipsy" Holden, Lieutenant Marcin "Cadillac" Garrick, Lieutenant Aldrich "E-boy" Karman, and Lieutenant Esmeralda "Runner" Clarke. The rest of you, wait here until your name gets called.
I quickly led them to the aircraft aprons, then start the training. Alright, before going further, I want you all to show me your skills. I want you to reach Mach 5,5, go over that hill by the forest, fight me in a dogfight, and come back, within the time of 4 minutes. Cadillac replied, "That's impossible! that hill is quite far! one might pass out from trying to stabilize an aircraft, especially an F-18!"
I sighed. You're a lieutenant getting ready for a mission against 5th gen aircrafts. If your training is just as easy as crashing your plane, then don't even stay at the navy! I need optimistic people who are dedicated. Now get in your plane before I remove your name immediately, Cadillac. I then walked away so they could get ready.
Once they're all ready, I hopped in my plane, settled the controls, and boy was I ready to fly again. As my co-worker David blew the whistle, the lieutenants and I began to take off. I flipped my plane upside down to stay under one of them. This lieutenant had no idea! They might as well die if this happens during the mission. I quickly checked who it was, and to my surprise, it was Runner. I even thought that her nickname doesn't fit her at all. But then, after she reaches Mach 5,5, she flew right behind me, then began shooting her missile. I did see that coming, so I quickly launched my flares. I decided to change targets now. I chose Tipsy as my next target. I flew beneath her, then locked my laser. It immediately shot a harmless training alarm as an exchange to the missile, which means Tipsy is out. Now with Runner, Cadillac, E-boy, and Flipper left, it's a little easier for me to lock my laser on them.
After 4 long minutes, the time is up. The survivors are Runner, Flipper, and E-boy. Tipsy and Cadillac, do 200 push ups now. David will watch you. Survivors, you may get back inside. Call the next batch to gather here. Cadillac was not happy with me. He and Tipsy both did the same amount of push ups in front of their planes. After a few hours, the first training has been completed. I was quite tired, but not as tired as these fresh lieutenants. I called it a day, and sent them to their staterooms.
As I about to leave, I saw a lieutenant's badge on the floor. Someone must've dropped it, so.. I kept it. I waited until the next day to return it to its respective owner. That was before i found out that it belongs to...