three, jealousy ties.

THREE 🗞️ ˎˊ˗
real life.

LACEY HIGH; NEW JERSEY

━━━ WINTER SEMESTER, 8:26AM.

"i have to go."

funny how four words could easily break someone.

the saddened expression on her face..the tears clouding her eyes as she held herself together whilst speaking to me before brushing past me and replying to me coldly..

i did that to her..i'd molded her into the quiet and reserved girl she is today after a whole year later.

and i'd been beating myself over continuously ever night. about how i'd made her cry after promising i would never even dream of doing that to her.

and i didn't even know if i could even fix this one or if i could ever..

just then, a hand placed itself on my shoulder, my eyes shifting to see brady on one side and our other best friend, eloise, standing on my other.

"come on man, let's get to class.." brady patted my shoulder softly, a reassuring smile on his face as we made our way to our first period class.

but even as our teacher kept droning on about quadratics, i still couldn't get her off my mind.

not that i could ever...

A FEW HOURS LATER, LUNCH

━━━ 12:25PM IN THE AFTERNOON.

"is he okay..?" "why would you ask that after looking at how lovesickingly sad he looks right now."

both brady and eloise shared a concerned look with each other as connor continued batting his eyes across the distance, a saddened expression on his face.

the distance being madison sitting just a few feet away from her lunch table, ethan's arms around her as she laughed at something her friends said to her.