sixteen

016 — let the water hold me down

season two —
episode sixteen

ONCE THE FOUR GIRLS ARRIVE AT Spencer's house, the two covered in mud and horrible stench from the lake rush inside to shower and for the rest of them to comfort Hanna

"Here's some aspirin" Aria softly says handing Hanna the medication and looking at the staircase seeing Aspen walking down and sitting beside the traumatised girl.

"You want me to make you some soup?" Aria questions, "Thanks, but I'm not hungry" Hanna explains.

"You want a blanket? Spen, want one? You're shivering" Spencer wonders.

"Sure" Hanna mumbles scooting herself closer to Aspen so they can share the blanket Spencer's thrown over their shoulders.

"Here's your bag, I think Caleb called, your phone was making noise" Emily explains sitting beside the two shivering girls.

"Han? Now, I know that you might not be ready to talk about this but the sheriff said that they're gonna drag the lake first thing in the morning" Spencer explains gently.

"Lucas isn't in the lake" Hanna firmly responds, "He didn't come up to shore, we waited while Spen drove back into town" Emily voices.

"He knows how to swim, all right? He's out there somewhere, I can feel it" Hanna states looking at the other four girls surrounding her while Aspen leans towards the flames allowing the warmth to dry her soaked hair.

"I-I still can't believe that Lucas would help A" Aria says, "Why not? Jenna did the same thing with Caleb" Spencer shrugs, "A knows Lucas is close to Hanna" Emily voices.

"No, I-I get it, I just—don't really see Lucas as being that violent" Aria mumbles, "He can be" Hanna reveals seeing the others looking at her confused.

"Lucas was the one who destroyed Alison's memorial, I found out the night I got out of the hospital" Hanna explains seeing the shocked faces of the other four girls.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Spencer asks, "Told him I'd keep a secret" Hanna explains, "Why?" Emily frowns.

"To protect him, he's been through a lot, Alison really tortured him" Hanna mumbles, "Han, maybe it's time to start protecting you" Aspen gently says taking a hold of Hanna's hand.