Prologue

Indica.

Silence. Silence filled my room. There is no one here... except me. I have lived here for the 19 years of my life. I am familiar with everything here...the texture, the places, location of objects, smell, and the feel... even the air...

I am familiar with everything. I sat on the small stool before my bedroom mirror. Looking at myself,dressed in all red. My dark black hair is let loose and my nails are painted in dark shades of red.

The moon light falls on my hair through the window, glittering like a bright pearls in the dark ocean. I stare back at my green eyes in the mirror and my gaze travels down to my lifeless lips.

Dull and dry...just like my life. I hate it. I hate it's colour. So...I pulled out my drawer, looking at my collection of different shades of lipstick. They are all shades of red. It's my favourite colour. My long nails skim through the lipsticks one by one until it reaches a particular shade... crimson.

I took it out. Removed the cap. Parted my lips and applied it on my full lips. Now...I look alive. Red makes me look alive. It reminds me I am alive. I closed the lipstick and placed in it's orginal position.

As soon it's bottom hit the surface, the window closed with a bang!!!, startling me. With a jerk, I turned towards the window. Slowly, getting up from the stool, I went near to it to close it.

When my hand reached the handle, I paused. There is no air. I mean there is air but...not as strong as to close a window with a blank.... it's so still that not even the leaves in my garden plants are moving....then... what is it?

Suddenly, the air shifted in my room. A sudden chill ran down my spine and I quickly turned around. The familiarity of my house is replaced with a strange feeling.

I can't describe it. I feel familiar but not as same as the kind of familiarity I had a minute ago, before the window closed. The dusty smell of old books which filled my house is now replaced by a scent of fresh wood from the forest trees.

I inhale the strangely familiar scent and exhale with a shaky breath. My heartbeat slowly started to increase. I feeling something. I feel something as I slowly come out of my room following the smell of woods...I feel a presence. A strong presence of something or... someone...but who could it be? I am alone...right?

Another shiver runs down my spine, as I reach the centre of my living area which is dimly lighted. I feel two eyes on me...

Someone is watching me...but who...who is it?

Ring!!! Ring!!! Ring!!!

I jump at the sound of my landline ringing. My heart is hammering in my chest as I exhale sharply after the sudden shock... landline...my landline is ringing...it never rings...No one has its  number.

Who could it be? At this hour at night? Why are they calling? Are they the one watching me?

These thoughts are storming in my mind as I go near the landline. A sweat rolls down my spine as I placed a hand on the phone.  I swallowed the lump in my throat. With a shaky hand, I took it and placed it in my ear.

"Hello?"

....

No reply.

"Who is it...?"

.....

No reply.

"Can you hear me?...hello"

.....

No reply.

The line goes out. The call cuts. With a confused look, I placed it back. And there is it. The feel of two eyes on me... again.
I turned around quickly...and... nothing...there is nothing.

With a relieved sigh, I return to my room. When I reached the dimly lighted room, my heart stops. My eyes widened. My hands shake. My mind goes blank. My face turns pale. My blood turns cold.

On my bed is a rose....a burnt rose.... which was no there before....

 which was no there before

•••••

-V. Blossom 🌸