Chapter 5 - Emotions...?

It's been a few weeks since I've been under this mysterious man's care.

I still don't know much about him, but what I do know is that he's pretty nice to me...

I often attempt to ask some questions about my life as a human or what kind of person he is, but he always dodge's the questions.

It makes me wonder if he's hiding something sinister from me...

I'd like to say that I don't mind but my curiosity is growing every waking hour.

Maybe I should try asking some questions again-

"037?", I hear someone call out, disrupting my thoughts.

I instinctively turn around and responded, "Y-yes?", I stuttered a bit, still not used to speaking out loud.

"Come here for a second", he ordered

I looked up at the clock, it read 15:00, I immediately understood and went over.

"Sit down.", before I could respond, he perched me on a chair, before sitting on the one opposite of mine.

"I told you: whenever I'm too busy that I can't remember, you should always apprise me when it's past time," he prehended an IV container filled with blood, and injected me with it.

"What am I gonna do if I forget to give you your circadian blood supplements? You're not gonna be able to properly perform your tests.", he continued chastizing me.

"I... Am sorry. I... Not want to disturb mister."

Looking at my sad expression, he sighs, "I'll let this slide for now since you don't yet understand the importance of this, but i expect better from you next time."

"Hmh."

He continued draining the blood bag, as I stayed quiet, hesitating whether I should ask him or not.

"Mister...?"

His gaze switched from the bag to me, "Yes?"

"I overheard... others talking about... Miss their parents, and I wanna... Know," I hesitate for a moment, breaking eye contact from how nervous I was, "who my parents is..."

"I know is... Silly question, but-"

cutting me off, he reveals:  "I'm your father."

I turned to look at him, my jaw went slack from shock, "W-what?",

He nods at me, "I actually adopted you when you were alive."

"Adopt?", I stare at him with incredulity.

"Hmhm. The first time I saw you, you were an orphan, left isolated on the streets of Snezhnaya. Huddled in an alleyway, starving- you looked no older than eight."

"It seemed like no one loved you, and no one even came looking for you. And I felt...Sympathetic towards your state, so I just dragged you by your scruff and brought you in one of my secret hideaways."

At first I didn't believe his words, but the more he revealed, the more it sounded genuine.

He tenderly pats me in the head, "I was all you had. And from that day onward, I was your father. I would provide and care for you. I would teach you how to survive in this cruel world, and how to succeed in it."

"That was the reason I resuscitated you in the first place. I couldn't bear to see my...Son die out in my arms," he placed his hand on my face, caressing my cheek.

My eyes widened along with my eyebrows, as my vision slowly became blurry.

Something wet suddenly started rolling down my cheek.

"Dear, are you... Crying?", father looks at me, almost as if he was surprised by what happened.

I touched my face as I felt the tears.

"C-cry...?"

Father then pulls me in a embrace, "Don't worry, my sweet boy. Father will never leave your side."

I sat there.

Frozen in place.

Was this... Sadness I felt?

I didn't understand it since I've never experienced it before.

But other than that, it felt nice to have my father hug me...

.
.
.
.

After a while, father then halted the embrace, "Well, don't weep an extravagant amount."

He finally takes the IV bag away, "Your father is quite busy, so just go back to your room and rest for now."

I nod before rising up from my seat and leaving his lab.

Once I reach my room, I lay on my bed, pondering about the recent events.

"Mister...Is my father.", I mutter to myself over and over again, as if I couldn't believe the words I was spouting.

My face grew hotter, my cheeks slowly raised, as I felt a warm fuzzy feeling brewing inside of me.

That was new.

I touched my face, and realized I was...Smiling.

Was it because of what father said?

Either way, it felt...Nice.

Actually...Everything that happened today was nice...