Is it true?

" .... You are under arrest... " Qizra looked at Zahra who ran downstairs, worried.

" What happened? " Zahra asked with fear visible on her face.

" What's going on between you and Shaizaan Bhai? " Qizra asked, crossing her hands over her chest.

Zahra looked up immediately as Shaizaan was watching them from veranda.

" Bhai?! " Qizra looked up and was shocked.

" Why didn't you tell me he was watching us? " Qizra asked in whisper and then smiled while saying,

" Enjoy your alone time. I'll come later... " Qizra wanted to avoid the awkward situation. This made Shaizaan chuckle and he walked back to his room to give some privacy to the best friends.
Zahra saw that and held Qizra's hand.

" Let me go, Zahra. It will be awkward. " Qizra said in low voice and stopped when Zahra said,

" Shaizaan left to his room. We can talk now. " Qizra smiled and sat on the couch.

" So, what's going on? " Qizra teased as soon as Zahra came back with some snacks and coconut water.

" Nothing. " Zahra took a sip of coconut water while answering, avoiding the details that Qizra was curious about.

" No, I mean you and Shaizaan... Shaizaan and you... Something is going on. You were in his room. You were talking care of him. You both were alone in this house. And I even heard he held your hand during sleeping. " Qizra pointed out the facts.

" No, it was not like that. "

" So, it's true??? " Qizra was shocked.

" Listen, he was having a nightmare. "

" Omg... It's like a scene from Kdrama. He held your hand while having a nightmare... Uff... " Qizra overreacted and Zahra looked at her with calm straight quiet face. That was Zahra's dangerous look.
Goosebumps ran down Qizra's spine as soon as she saw Zahra.

" Okay... Then atleast tell me what happened? "

" Nothing much. "

" Your eyes, the corner of your lips, says something different, Zahra. The glow on your face...that too... " Qizra moved closer to examine every expression on Zahra's face.

" It's nothing much. " Shaizaan walked down dressed in his usual hoodie set.

Shaizaan sat on the couch beside them and said,

" I confessed and we made the same deal you and Izhaan have agreed on. "

" What??!!! " Qizra covered her mouth after screaming.

" Sshhhh " Zahra eyed her.

" Why did you tell her? " Zahra asked Shaizaan in angry look.

" Why should we hide? Atleast someone should know about this. "

' Yeah, and by telling her, that means I'll have to watch her tease me everyday... And you don't understand that...'

Zahra kept looking at him while talking to herself.
Shaizaan took a glimpse of her while eating snacks and said,

" Won't it be fun when our friends will tease us? " Shaizaan asked in a sweet teasing voice.

" Yeah, sure. Then wait for Izhaan Bhai to tease you with every breath. " Zahra replied still furious.

" Well, in that case, I am the one who tease him, not vice versa. "

" Well, then I wish there will be someone who will do so like Qizra will do to me. " Zahra said and looked at Qizra who was already enjoying the moment. Qizra winked at her which annoyed Zahra.

" That was what I was afraid of and you... urghh... " Zahra whispered and walked upstairs. Shaizaan chuckled.

Qizra smiled and looked at Shaizaan who eyed her to go to her room.
Qizra nodded and walked upstairs.

*****

Assalamualaikum
How are you?
How's the story going?
Are you enjoying reading the story?

Sorry for any grammatical mistakes. I'll correct them later.

Please like and comment and enjoy reading further.

Stay blessed
Stay healthy
Keep smiling
Keep reading

Iram Khan

29/04/2024