Chapter 1

Moving is the worst. It's not just leaving behind  friends & family , it's having to take down all the memories you've created in the sacred place called home, picking up all the pieces of your comfort & putting them in boxes.. to bad you can't take the walls of stability... this home brought me so many joyful moments

When I was 13 I went to stay with my loving sister. After our parents divorce Mae thought it would be great for me to get away from our parents drama & spend the summer with her, summer came & went quick .. but for me I never went back "home".  My mother & father both newly had their own houses both surprisingly farther from my sisters then I had expected.

Im 18 now, Mine & my parents relationships has grown tremendously over the years they visit frequently always rotating who comes never wanting to bump into eachother. My sister mae now has fiancée. I never thought she would settle down. from a child to 16 all I seen was the carefree loving woman living her life the way she wanted to, never taking no for an answer But when she met drew I seen the dramatic change of what love does to people. For the good for the bad they never gave up on eachother, I admired their relationship in many ways.

Drew just got a new promotion causing us to move states to be near the warehouses he'd now manage. I didn't know much about his work but I did know it was bringing home the bacon if you know what I mean.

Florida.. Florida is where we are moving & I couldn't be more nervous, I've lived my whole life in Maryland. The dull state of which we are known for crabs, the sports teams & crime. I always loved my state regardless of all the things people May say Marylanders are strong & come together In times of need. Florida In the other hand I know jack shit about except for the beaches & spring break.

"Alright that was the last box y'all, let's get a move on " drew said using his arm to wipe of the sweat forming on his forehead. completely knocking me out of my ongoing thoughts I stood as me & my sister started walking over to their suv I shot her a nervous look we hopped in "this is a new start for us I promise it will be great" mae said looking at me from the passenger mirror drew got In & started driving away I stared out the window watching our old home slowing getting out of sight

Only 17 hours to go... this drive was going to kill me.