Chapter 1

(Y/N's Pov) 1:45am

Every night I'm dreadfully awoken by the sounds of banging and muffled laughter coming from the wall behind my bedroom wall. I live in an apartment alone in an area that's not to populated. The only reason I decided to stay was because I could afford it...I didn't have a job that could pay a good rent, so I had no other choice. 

I lay in my bed with my pillow covering my ears from the loud crashes. Whoever it was clearly had anger issues. I would go and knock on their door, however, after realizing this place wasn't greatly populated, it would be best for me to stay put and simply wait for it to be over. but my gosh is it so annoying. 

The weird thing was, I have never seen anyone live in that apartment, no mail, no packages, no lights, even the people at the front desk claimed that no one was currently living in that place. Then again, my room and their room were probably the only two rooms being used. Still, a manager should know who comes in and who goes out. 

I only heard the noises during the night, as if he were coming home from a terrible day. I've never heard them slam the door closed, nor open it. I haven't even walked by them on my way out, which is probably a good thing. I have reported these noises to the manager; however, he couldn't care less, it was such a bad ran place. 

So here I am, trying to force myself to sleep. The sounds of banging slowly dissipated, and I was finally left with silence. I let out a sigh of relief before closing my eyes and falling asleep. 

.

.

-9:25am-

It was the next morning, and I squinted my eyes as the sun beamed through the signaler window I had. I sat up and stretched before getting up and getting myself ready. I opened my closet and picked out a semi good outfit. Black ripped jeans, a simple pink shirt, and some black convers. I put on a silver necklace my mom gave me when I was little, I only wore it because I had no other jewelry. 

I brushed my hair and did some simple makeup and brushed my teeth before sitting down on my couch as I waited for my minute made meal in the microwave. I worked evening shifts and got off around 12:00am. It worked out for me, however I often found myself bored. 

"Ugh, stupid internet." I groaned. My phone kept lagging as I was scrolling through Instagram. I had to often step outside to get good Wi-Fi, but that was mainly when I needed to call someone. 

*beep beep beep.* My food was finally ready. I grabbed it from the bottom and rushed over to the table to put it down, it burned my fingers but not terribly. I ate my.... uh...soup (for breakfast i know I'm poor) and sat to watch reels for who knows how long. I hadn't heard anything from next door, which was nothing out of the norm, the neighbor usually came in during the night. They probably had an actual life other than me, how ironic would that be. 

-6:30pm-

Anyways, the day went by pretty slowly, at this point, I was excited to go to work, simply so I could have something to do other than sit lonely in my apartment. By the time it was dinner, I grabbed my bag, phone and house keys and opened my front door, locked it behind me, and glanced at the door next to mine. I simply stared at it in wonder. 

"Is there really someone in this room...?" I said to myself. For a moment, I stood there and crossed my arms, looking side to side before leaning in close. I tried to look through the peep hole but saw nothing. I put my ear against the door and heard nothing. No one was home.

BANG

I jumped and screamed, but slapped my mouth closed, the door rumbled as I felt something bang against the door. My immediate reaction was to run away, not looking back behind me. Getting to work was my main objective now. 

(??? Pov) 6:35pm

I heard the door shut from outside. I sat in the dark, just listening to the smallest movements being made. She must be going to work...again...I didn't realize there was someone else living in this hell hole of an apartment. Though, I am out most of the time, and simply don't care. 

I stood up and walked slowly to my front door, looking at the light coming from the bottom. My eyes locked on the small shadow that was blocking my only light. Someone was standing right in front of it. I heard small pats coming from the other side and decided to look through the peep hole.  There she was, my neighbor. I've only seen her a couple of times when making it back to the place. She never saw me because I was standing in the woods. 

After finally realizing what she was doing, I decided to give her a little scare, and punched the door. No sooner or later did I hear her yelp and run away. 

"Damn brat." I mumbled to myself, and walked back into the darkness.