Chapter 149

“What’s wrong?” taehyung asked.

“It’s nothing.” Perhaps he was being overly cautious. At the very least, he did not sense any ill-intentions.

“The footage of your second sister, jennie and jaewon has been exposed. This news is truly pleasing,” jimin expressed his happiness. “Let’s see how she still intends to snatch jungkook from you.”

Taehyung smiled. “Where are you headed to?”

“I’m going back to school. What about you?”

“I still have things to do. You should go ahead first. Do you need my chauffeur to send you back?”

“I drove my own car here.”

“That’s good.” The two of them then went separate ways.

Yoongi waited for them to climb into their car before he headed back to his own newly purchased car.

“yoongi...” A middle-aged woman appeared behind him.

Yoongi was wearing a mask. He turned back to see that the woman was actually eunji.

The moment his gaze landed on her, he was enraged. He clenched his fists tightly and dug his nails into his palm.

He was almost fully certain that the person who caused him to be imprisoned was eunji.

This was because his father had indicated that he was supposed to become the Kim Group’s director. Only by removing him could eunji take over his position.

Eunji noticed the hint of hatred in his gaze. She expressed with certainty. “You’re yoongi, right?”

Yoongi paid no attention to her. He reached for the car’s door.

Eunji's gaze landed on his brand new car. This car was worth more than a hundred thousand dollars. He was a criminal. Where did he find the money to buy such a good car?

Could it be that he had money hidden away?

She immediately felt some anger. However, her expression turned sorrowful as she blocked his way.

She touched his hand before he could open the car door. “yoongi, Mom wishes to speak to you.”

Yoongi pulled his hand back in disdain. He glared at her coldly.

“Mom has waited here for you so many times. It wasn’t easy for me to finally meet you. Is your health better now?” eunji scanned her with an expression of concern.

He was wearing a baseball cap and a mask. She had no way of determining if he was actually ill.

If it was true, then that was fine.

Otherwise ... the temporary leave he had applied for, citing medical reasons...

She could use this to threaten taehyung. This way, taehyung would have no way but to obediently beg jungkook for some benefits for the Kim Group!

Yoongi was a smart person. He naturally could guess eunji's plans. He suddenly coughed and tugged his mask down to spit a mouthful of fresh blood onto the ground.

eunji had checked. He was diagnosed with an infectious type of lung disease. If his illness was real, there was a chance she could be infected.

The sight of him coughing blood left her scrambling backwards in fear. She stared at his pale and thin complexion. It didn’t seem like he was faking this. “You’re... you’re really sick?”

Yoongi brought a packet of tissue out of his pocket and wiped the blood away from his lips. “Thank you for your concern. I’m just one step away from death.”