Plasmasonic#1 (C.T.): The ticket

CUT TO: MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA

EXT. POST OFFICE - AFTERNOON

A GIRL ARRIVES AT A POST OFFICE ON HER BIKE. THE GIRL LOOKS AT THE LETTER SHE HOLDS WITH A WORRIED EXPRESSION. AS THE GIRL GOES TO OPEN THE DOOR TO THE POST OFFICE SHE STOPS. THE GIRL PACES OUT IN FRONT OF THE POST OFFICE WITH AN ANXIOUS EXPRESSION.

[Unknown Girl]

What am I doing? I'm not even sure this is still her address! What if this never reaches her? Worse, what if someone else gets it?

THE GIRL LOOKS TOWARD THE ENTRANCE OF THE POST OFFICE AGAIN. THE GIRL ATTEMPTS TO ENTER THE POST OFFICE ONCE MORE BUT RELENTS.

[Unknown Girl]

Oh, what am I doing? Why can't I make up my mind? You can do this! Just go in and drop off the letter.

A POSTMAN WALKS OUTSIDE AND LOOKS AT THE GIRL WITH A PUZZLED EXPRESSION. THE GIRL IS STARTLED AS SHE WAS UNAWARE HER UNUSUAL BEHAVIOR WAS BEING MONITORED BY AN UNSEEN PARTY.

[Postman Jones]

Harper, we're still open if you are looking to pop in for a second.

HARPER LOOKS AT MR. JONES WITH AN AWKWARD SMILE.

[Harper]

Oh, Mr. Jones. I know I probably looked pretty silly out here pacing.

[Postman Jones]

I have to admit, I haven't seen someone antsy about sending a letter in a long time.

HARPER WALKS INTO THE POST OFFICE AND MR. JONES WALKS BEHIND THE COUNTER.

[Postman Jones]

I didn't think you kids even sent letters anymore, what with all the emails and such. I imagine this has to be important.

[Harper]

Yeah, I guess you could say that.

[Postman Jones]

A handwritten letter to a crush, maybe?

HARPER DEVELOPS A SHOCKED EXPRESSION.

[Harper]

No, it's nothing like that.

HARPER LOOKS AT THE LETTER WITH A SCARED EXPRESSION.

[Harper]

I... let's just say it's a letter for assistance. I just hope who it gets to can help me.

MR. JONES LOOKS AT HARPER WITH A CONCERNED EXPRESSION.

[Postman Jones]

Do you think that maybe you should try contacting the police? It sounds... serious.

HARPER LOOKS AT MR. JONES WITH AN AWKWARD SMILE.

[Harper]

What? No, it's nothing like that. You know how us teens can be, something always seems more dramatic than it really is.

[Postman Jones]

Oh, well, if you're certain, I can get that in the bin for delivery.

HARPER HANDS THE LETTER TO MR. JONES.

[Harper]

Thank you, Mr. Jones. I appreciate it.

[Postman Jones]

Hey, it's what they pay me for. Have a nice rest of your evening, Harper.

[Harper]

You too, Mr. Jones.