Chapter One - The Strange Encounter

Being a girl with the will of a warrior wasn't easy in a village where women had to sit in huts all day. Y/n absolutely loved to fight. The idea of being able to fight and protect the people she loved had always had a place in her heart. However, the boys in the village thought otherwise.
"You're just a girl. What can you do?"

"Cry and run to your daddy?"

The boys in her village would always mock her and laugh at her for even having the idea of being a warrior like the men in her tribe. Even the elders had denied her efforts time and time again. But that did not discourage her, like what her father told her, "If you want to accomplish something, you must go through hardships."

Y/n thought though, if only if she was a bender, would she be treated differently and be able to join the warriors? Or would she still be thrown into her hut and be forced to mop the floors and tend to the garden just like all the other women in her tribe? Or would she be killed?

.

.

.

"Hey dad! I'm going to mom's!" Y/n called out over her shoulder to her father. In her hands was a bamboo basket filled with variants of vegetables and a few fruits hidden under a blue cloth. Just like she said, she was going to her mother's. Her mother was a nurse, so she was stationed at a training center for boys becoming warriors. So Y/n often went with the excuse of learning from her mother. Of course, it wasn't completely a lie, she did learn a couple of things from her mother. However late at night she would steal one of the weapons from the armory and train out in the fields. Honing what the trainers taught the trainees.

Y/n walked through the bustling streets of the village. Sure, this village wasn't the greatest, nor was it the wealthiest. But it is definitely one of the villages where true happiness continues to spread. Especially in this era of time.

The streets in the afternoon were probably one of the busiest times of the day. Kids frolicked left and right, and businessmen were trying to sell as much as they could before nightfall. And due to it being the busiest... It would be a surprise if there wasn't a stupid fight for once.

"Do you have ANY idea WHO you are messing with!?" The oh so familiar voice yelled at the top of his voice, attracting attention once again. This weirdo was Humago. A kid always known for getting into fights. Y/n groaned at the sound of his voice. Even though he was yelling loudly, the village people continued to go on with their day, as they have already gotten oh so used to this man trying to ruin pick a fight with everyone.

"Do you have any idea who YOU are messing with?" The person Humago was trying to pick a fight with replied with an obvious tone of annoyment. Judging by the ice cream cone that was on the ground. Y/n assumed that they bumped into each other and someone - most likely Humago - was trying to pick a fight with the person who had the ice cream.

The two of them pulled out their swords and took their stances. "I'll show you." Humago said before lunging at the other guy. The other guy blocked his attack, and the sounds of the metal swords clashing echoed throughout the street, and Y/n just scowled at the two of them.

The two of them continued to fight, however, their stance was completely off. Not to mention the way they swung their swords was like two cats fighting each other. Forget it, even cats fought better than the two of them.

Humago thrusted the sword at the other person's hand, trying to disarm him, but he ended up losing his grip, and with the amount of force he put into the sword, the sword went flying. It spun high up into the air and the duo stared at each other, before turning their attention to the sword. Y/n let out a sigh before catching the sword in one hand, not even batting an eyelid. She glared at the two fighters, who let out a squeak of fear.