Chapter 9: Y/N, We Are In Danger

“Yes! Finally! Oh blueberries, how I've missed you! I don't even like blueberries that much…”
Y/N exclaimed

They were out berry picking again. TCO noticed that they were running out of fruit so he informed Y/N about it. Why didn't he tag along, you asked? Well…

FLASHBACK:

TCO: “I'm sure cooking pancakes wouldn't be so hard right?”

Y/N: “Well no but… it would be pretty easy to mess up.”

The 2 kept talking about breakfast. Y/N was explaining how to do it and TCO was listening attentively. Then, he accidentally leans and puts his hand, coincidentally from the arm that he hurt during the fight with Agent, on the pan.

Y/N: “Yeah and… uh… Cho?”

TCO: “Mmhmm… yeah?”
He says as he winces in pain when he realized what he had done. He quickly lifts his hand and walks to the sink.

END OF FLASHBACK

(Too bad he doesn't have any powers.)
They thought

As Y/N was picking the last bunch of blueberries, they hear the bushes rustling. They turn to their side and see a red hollow head jump a bit before running away. Their eyes widen and their shoulders tensed. They have never seen another hollow head other than TCO before.

“Hey! Wait!”
They yelled.

Before they could reach him, he had already left the scene. Y/N frowned and walked back to the house.

TCO was lying down on the couch while staring at his hand, twisting and turning it every now and then. He has been thinking if he should tell Y/N about the powers thing.

(I know they said that they would accept me since they are my friend but… what if they get scared?)

“It must have healed already… I can't tell them that though.”

The door opens. There, TCO sees Y/N with a basket full of berries, muddy boots and an unhappy face.

“Hey… are you alright?”
TCO says as he sits up and turns to their face.

“Huh? Oh yes I'm okay. Thanks for your concern, it's just that… I saw another hollow head. He ran away though.”

“Hollow Head…?”

“Yes! I saw him while picking blueberries.”

(TSC's a hollow head… Was he able to escape?)
TCO thought

“Uh… what did he look like?”

“Why is that important?”

“Oh… well… I'm just curious.”

(Oh… I did not think this through…)

[Weird… why would that be something he would be curious about?]
They thought

“Okayyy… He was red… why?”

(Red?! A red hollow head… the only red hollow head I know is… no…)

He gets up and covers his face with his hands.

“Are you okay…? You don't seem…”

“Y/N, we are in danger.”
He says as he puts his hands on Y/N's shoulders

“What…?”

“Look, I don't mean to jump to conclusions but… the only red hollow head that I know is…”

“No… you don't mean to say…”

“TDL…”
They both whisper-yell. That name sends chills down TCO's spine. He thought that he was dead but no… at least, that's what he thinks. He walks back to the couch, refusing to sit back down.

“Cho, how can we be certain that this is the TDL? What if it's just a look-alike?”

“It's much safer if we assume that it's actually TDL. Look, he isn't just some mere hollow head that wants to take over the internet… he's smart, crafty, hardworking…and a genius over all types of tech… if we just lay around… We might be done for. And, I can't let that happen.”

“Cho…”

“If he has those bands of power…or whatever he calls it… No one can stop him… not even me.”
TCO distressfully looks down and scratches the back of his neck.

Y/N looks at him in pity. They can't bear to see him like this. They walk over to him, putting their hand on his shoulder and as they sit down together, Y/N comforts TCO.

“Cho, I know that it might be scary that TDL is alive and there is nothing we can do to stop him if he still has those bracelets but… I know that with a little bit of hard work, I'm sure that he won't bother us for a long time.”

TCO chuckles and looks at the floor. He smiles a bit and scratches the back of his neck.

“That's… cheesy but… thanks.”

Y/N smiles and gets up.

“So… tell me more of this TDL guy…”