The sudden confession...

" Zahra!! Zahra!! " Shaizaan kept calling her when she came out of her imagination.

" Huh? " Zahra said. She looked around. Shaizaan was seated on his bed and the plate was in her hand.

'Where am I? I was running out of his room... '

" Where were you lost? " Shaizaan asked.

'I was dreaming... Ohh...' Zahra thought.
'Since when? What were we talking about? ' Zahra was confused and said,

" No...nothing... " while shaking her head in denial.

" As I was saying, why can't we talk like this? Is this making you uncomfortable? I think so... right...? " Zahra looked at Shaizaan with wide eyes.

' He reads me so easily... '

" Maybe... " Zahra nodded. And passed a morsel to Shaizaan who ate it and nodded.

" I knew it... " Shaizaan whispered and looked at Zahra.

She kept passing the morsel with her head low while Shaizaan kept looking at her.

'Should I?'

'Should I not?'

' Maybe I should... I cannot leave
this opportunity... After all, she has the right to know about this...'

As Zahra passed the last morsel to Shaizaan, Shaizaan said,

" I need to ask you something. "

Shaizaan looked at Zahra who nodded and looked at him.

" Do I have your permission to approach you with the intention of nikah? "

" Huh? " Zahra was shocked. She placed the plate on the bed and stood up.

'Its happening... The daydream came true... No way...'

" Shaizaan... " Zahra gulped and said in fear.

" I like you, Zahra... " Shaizaan confessed.

" It's just 3 days since we met, Shaizaan... " Zahra said hesitating while taking steps back facing Shaizaan and stood near the door.

Shaizaan walked to her and said,

" Love can happen even in few seconds, Zahra. " Zahra was scared as he stood closer to her. Though there was a distance enough that two person and stand between them easily.

Zahra nodded in agreement and said,

" Why me? I don't have... "

" You have everything... " Shaizaan cut her off.

" Huh? " Zahra was shocked again.

" You are a gorgeous beautiful girl I have seen after my mother. Like her, you have the same modesty and truthfulness. You both like to live simple. I have observed that. You are like a open book. I can read you easily and I have been making guesses when someone asked you this and that and almost maximum answers I said were right. It's like I am enjoying your presence, Zahra. Not only that, but the childish act you do, it makes me happy. You even took care of me when I had no one around. No neighbour does that nowadays. "

" Shaizaan... " Zahra had no words. She saw how he pointed out everything about her as positive when her step mother's friends cursed her those qualities. Her stepmother taunted her and joined her friends always instead of defending her.

" I want to do the same, Zahra. Take care of you, cherish you. Enjoy life with you. Talk with each other like we do every night at the terrace. Doing childish activities together. Grow old with you. And have the strongest bond with each other. "

Zahra was speechless. Her eyes were ready with tears.

" Zahra, please... I know you need time. I can give you as much as you want. But please don't take years. I'll be 30 soon... " Shaizaan chuckled at the end.

" I... I didn't expect... you would say this. " Zahra gulped and controlled herself tears before saying.

Shaizaan passed her the tissue paper box and Zahra wiped her tears.

" I understand if... " Zahra cut him in middle and said,

" I am confused myself, Shaizaan. I am uncomfortable as well as I want you to stay in my life forever. Whenever I talk to you I felt, you understand me better than anyone else. You already knew my unsaid words.
I have been praying for a husband since the day at that house. And I want to make sure if the answer to my prayers is you. Remember when you said this on terrace. I was shocked that we asked for same thing. A loving spouse and a beautiful family of our own. "

Zahra wiped her tears again and then looked at him. Shaizaan was shocked with her words. His tears were ready to fall anytime soon.
Zahra passed him the tissue box and said,

" I would have said no if someone else asked me. But it's you. I know I am not ready for all this currently. But still I want to give it a chance. "

" Zahra... " Shaizaan whispered.

" I am currently studying. I have not graduated yet. So, if you can wait till then. My answer for the intention of marriage, I will answer it either during internship or after graduation. "

" Zahra... " Shaizaan wiped his tears and smiled.

" Till then, let's be friends. Because nothing will change if we get married. I'll talk to you in same way. I'll share in same way. I'll be same. "

Zahra looked at Shaizaan who smiled and said,

" I will wait. Only for you, Zahra. " They both smiled at each other.

" This will be awkward. " Zahra whispered.

" Nothing will be awkward. As you said, we will stay the same... " Zahra smiled at his reply.

They were looking at each other with a wide smile when they heard,

" Miss Zahra Naaziya Khan, you are under arrest!!! "

*****

Assalamualaikum
How are you?
How's the story going?
Are you enjoying reading the story?

How was the twist? She was daydreaming about what could have happened... like we writers, who daydream for a story plot...

Sorry for any grammatical mistakes. I'll correct them later.

Please like and comment and enjoy reading further.

I have my viva from Monday.
Please pray for me.

Until then, enjoy these updates.
Stay blessed
Stay healthy
Keep smiling
Keep reading

Iram Khan

20/04/2024