20.

"Are we sure this is a good idea?" Drae asked the others—except Leila and the Sabort twins who were in her room—as they walked outside. "We all know Silas is dangerous, right?"

Scarlet looked up at Riddle beside her, watching him stare at his car. She knew that he knew something about Leila, but she didn't know how to ask him after he stormed out of the loungeroom earlier.

"Look, we're the Royals," Mattheo started as they stopped near Drae's car. "No one fucks with us and if they do, then they're the ones that are fucked." They all collectively nodded, knowing he was right. "And Leila might've just came back to us, but she's still part of our family."

"And no one in our family gets fucked over," Scarlet firmly added, her hands clenching into fists at her side as she thought about the possibility of Silas abusing Leila. "I don't know what Leila's past is with Silas, but if she wants to face him, then we're all having her back."

"And I'll gladly put the fucker down if he touches her," Theo spat, his jaw tense with anger in his eyes.

Scarlet raised a brow, sharing a knowing look with Mattheo and Enz before she looked back at her brother. "You are not subtle at all."

Theo looked at her with furrowed brows. "What does that mean?"

Blade snorted, shaking his head. "And you're still oblivious as fuck."

Theo went to open his mouth again, but they all turned at the sound of Declan's voice, seeing the trio walk toward them with small smiles.

"You ready for this?" Drae asked Leila as she stopped beside her bike with the twins.

"Always," Leila said with a smirk, getting on her bike.

"She'll be safe," Mattheo quietly assured Scarlet who had been staring at Leila with worry.

Scarlet looked up at him with a shallow nod. "Yeah, I know," she breathed, and he placed a hand on her back, instantly making her start to relax. Oh, Merlin, how the boy still had such a strong effect on her.

Declan walked over to his bike, getting on, and starting it as Kylo took a step closer to Leila, placing a kiss on her cheek. Scarlet's jaw dropped with Enz's, the both of them looking at each other with silent confirmation of their shared thoughts in the loungeroom fifteen minutes ago.

"You stay by my side tonight," Kylo said, and Scarlet focused back on them, closing her mouth.

Leila smiled at him, putting her helmet on. "I'll hold your hand if it makes you feel better."

A faint blush painted his face and Scarlet had to stop her jaw from dropping again. She was speechless. "You're a little shit," he mumbled with a small smile as he walked over to his bike and Leila laughed.

Scarlet blinked hard a few times before walking over to her car with Mattheo. "We all just saw that, right?" she quietly asked him.

Mattheo chuckled, opening her car door for her. "Yep. And I bet Theo is pissed."

Scarlet looked over at her brother as she got in her car and her heart dropped as she saw his eyes locked on Kylo with anger and jealousy shining in them. "Yeah, he's pissed."

"Let's just hope he doesn't fight him," Mattheo muttered, closing her door as she turned her car on. "Keep this one you," he added, holding out a dagger as she furrowed her brows at him. "Silas is dangerous and I'm not letting you come with us without extra protection."

"I can handle myself without a weapon," she muttered, but took it and slipped it into the pocket of her jacket.

"I know you can without a doubt," he said with a small smirk. "Just follow behind me," he added with a nod before jogging over to his car.