Ruth Abigail Adler

"War, the real war is this: not the hatred that throws people against each other, but only the distance that separates people who love each other."
~Pier Vittorio Tondelli

Ruth Abigail Adler was born on a cold December night in 1927, in a three-room house, the Adlers managed to live off the hard work of her father, Abraham, a well-known merchant with a small store downtown.
Ruth Abigail Adler was called Ru by everyone; she was the first of four siblings, Axel Emanuel born in 1934 and twins Jude Isaac and H'anna Leah born on November 7, 1939.

The Adlers lived on the outskirts of Berlin; the house was not huge, but modest, with three rooms and a kitchen. They lived on the top floor of a five-story building plus an attic hidden by a bookcase that turned out to be very important a few time after the twins were born.

Ru was a beautiful tall blond girl with two ice-colored eyes, she would quietly be for an Aryan girl, but she was not an Aryan, she was Jewish, and she was happy to be, she didn't care about the stupid laws put against her people, she was happy with what and who she was.

Ru's mother, Adele, was a beautiful blond woman in her forties, she was a loving mother who would do anything for her children. On November 9, '39, she was with her husband and children in the small store, it was evening, almost night, she had not yet recovered from the difficult birth of the twins when Nazi soldiers began raiding Jewish stores... Adele was weak, the Nazis broke into the Adler store, forced them out, Ru took Jude and Axel and Abraham took little H'anna and tried to help his wife. What he did not expect was that the Nazis would not let him help Adele, still too tired and in pain Adele tried to get out, but she fell to the ground, the Nazis did not hesitate, one of them took the gun and shot her, mercilessly, in the face, Adele was one of the 92 victims of Crystal Night, she died while her children watched her die from the broken glass of the store windows. Ru's world fell, her mother, her best friend, had left her.
Ru became the mother of the twins and little Axel.

With the grief the days, weeks and years passed; the laws against the Jews grew heavier and heavier, the Adlers stayed in the house for a time only to have to move to the attic and live in hiding, helped by Abraham's best friend who bought the Adlers' apartment and hid them, risking more and more every day. One night in January '43 Abraham fell ill with pneumonia and died a week later, devastating the Adler children.

At just 16 years old, Ru found herself having to be mother and father to three children....

Here begins the toughest challenge to survive, with the help of an unexpected person, a young lieutenant in his early twenties, Hans Sebastian Weiß, who will help what remains of the Adlers by risking his own life for love.

*A/N*
I hope you enjoy it.
Comment and put like✨