Chapter 1-10: Fall Weather Friends

After one of Applejack and Rainbow Dash’s games turned into a competition, Rainbow Dash declared they’d do an Iron Pony competition, but I’m not sure what that is. It’s probably some kind of athletic competition, if I had to guess. I help set up the Iron Pony Competition while  Rainbow and AJ are stretching, and they’ve asked me and Twilight to help keep score.

Twilight finally shows up after everyone else, and asks, “So, you two are doing what, now?”

Applejack responds, “An Iron -”

Rainbow interrupts her, saying, “Iron Pony competition.”

Applejack explains, “See, we’ve set up a bunch of events to decide which one of us is -”

Rainbow interrupts again, “The most athletic pony ever!”

Twilight asks, “And I’m here to…?”

Rainbow responds, “I don’t know.” She then turns to AJ, asking, “Why is she here?”

Applejack explains, “To be our judge and keep score along with Scarlette Melody.”

Rainbow chuckles, saying, “Right, heh. Somepony’s gotta record my awesomeness for the history books, and two heads are better than one.”

Spike picks up a stick and addresses our approaching friends, “Hello everypony, and welcome to the first annual Iron Pony competition!”

Twilight asks, “Uh, Spike, who are you talking to?”

I say, “Duh, them.”

Twilight looks behind her, finally noticing Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity walking toward Sweet Apple Acres.

Spike exclaims, “Let the games… begin!”

We cheer, and I can’t wait to see which of our friends will emerge victorious. They get set up in the first challenge, a short run where they have to dodge around barrels. Twilight stands at the starting line, and I hold a stopwatch with my magic at the finish line.

Twilight announces, “Ready, set, go!”

I start the timer, and Applejack weaves through the barrels, but bumps into one, muttering, “Dagnabbit.”

I stop the timer as soon as Applejack touches the finish line, and Twilight asks me, “Time, Scarlette?”

I readjust my glasses to remove the sun’s glare from my eyesight, and respond, “Looks like seventeen seconds.”

Applejack exclaims, “You’re kiddin’! That breaks my record from last year’s rodeo!”

Spike says, “But you got a five-second penalty for nudging the barrel.”

Applejack sighs, saying, “Nuts and shoes. Still, that’s twenty-two seconds. Not too shabby.” Rainbow Dash looks worried as she says that, and Applejack tries to reassure her, saying, “Hey, don’t be nervous. Remember, it’s all in good fun. Now, get on up there.”

Rainbow flies over to the starting line, and Twilight says again, “Ready, set, go!”

Rainbow Dash takes off, a rainbow trail behind her as she dodges barrels flawlessly.

Applejack compliments, “Whoo! That was some fancy hoof-work there, Rainbow.”

Rainbow flies back over to us, saying, “Thanks, but I couldn’t have been as fast as you.”

AJ asks me, “What was the time on that, Scarlette?”

I look at the timer in disbelief, double-taking as I respond, “Eighteen seconds! Wow, Rainbow, that was amazing!”