(6) PROMISE OF PROTECTION

Next morning everyone woke up in time except Nakul and Subhadra

Next morning everyone woke up in time except Nakul and Subhadra. Both were enjoying their sleep with some occasional movements. After a time limit Arjun came forward to wake Nakul up.

"Nakul, wake up. It's late. Sleeping like this doesn't suit you," Arjun shook Nakul sitting beside him.

"Then how should I sleep, Bhrata Arjun?" Nakul turned his back to Arjun in sleep.

"You don't need to sleep anymore. Just wake up," Arjun slapped on Nakul's back, gently.

"I have never get time for my beauty sleep till now in my life. At least let me grab this opportunity when I have nothing to do here," whatever Nakul told was true. So, he was sure of not being troubled further by Arjun.

"You are the most concerned guy about beauty," Arjun chuckled remembering some cheerful moments of his beauty conscious brother.

"Thank you, bhrata Arjun!" Nakul's smile became wider in sleep.

Amidst of Arjun's attempts of waking Nakul up, Bheem came there with a perfect idea of cracking the target which was Nakul himself.

"Arjun, don't you think that Nakul's hair is losing its charm?" Bheem faked a concerned voice.

"What more can you expect from a guy who's concerned about beauty sleep instead of any action for maintaining beauty?" Arjun too played his part to execute the plan made by Bheem.

"What! What are you both saying? Is this even real?" Nakul woke up with a jerk, and ran towards the waterfall nearby to see his face.

Reaching there, he found the truth that his brothers pranked him in morning itself. Utilising his effort of reaching near waterfall, Nakul settled his hairs, neatly.

"Very unfair! You both woke me up, but let Subhadra sleep peacefully," After being done, Nakul walked back to his brothers.

"Let her sleep, Nakul. She slept late in night," The secret slipped out of Arjun's mouth, unintentionally.

"How do you know?" A curious Nakul asked.

"Sometimes do use your brain even it's by mistake. I was ensuring everyone's safety in night being awake. So, I obviously knew when she had slept," to his luck, Arjun had a reliable reason to present and defend himself.

"That doesn't matter. I too am going to get some more sleep. When Subhadra wakes up do wake me up. After all, I can't allow my brothers to do any kind of injustice," patting on Bheem and Arjun's shoulder playfully, Nakul went to sleep again leaving the duo to laugh behind in amusement.

After a while the sleeping duo woke up. Wishing good morning to everyone, Subhadra left from there for completing her daily routine.

On the other side, Hidimb had sensed presence of humans around him. He was insisting Hidimba to trap them and to bring them near him.

"No, Bhrata. This time it's a big no. I remained silent whenever you had trapped any humans to make them your meal using me, but this time it's not gonna happen," a bold Hidimba declared in a firm voice.

"Hidimba, I doubt that you are my sister. Even I doubt that you belong to demon clan," Hidimb wasn't habituated of listening no. Hence, he tried another way when his tender words didn't work in convincing Hidimba.

"Each demon isn't meant to be devil. Virtues aren't decided by birth, but by actions. I had no control on my birth. So, you can't distract me reminding the same face again and again," she had made her mind not to take any kind of request or pressure from his side.

"I am the king, Hidimba. You should obey me," he was authoritative at that moment.

"Could you count at least one deed of yours which makes you deserving as a king? You have done nothing for subjects except providing them your leftovers. As far as obeying you is concerned I had obeyed you enough, and it's my limit," she made him face the dark truth of his own deeds.

"Hidimba! If you don't obey me then......," he grabbed her hairs while groaning in anger.

Subhadra appeared in the scenario at that time. While walking towards the duo she had heard each bit of their conversation.

"Hidimb, are you out of your mind? Is this a way you should behave with your sister, most importantly with a princess and a woman?" Subhadra's sharp voice made Hidimb release Hidimba out of his grip.

"Greetings to Goddess! I beg your pardon, but this stubborn girl has dared to deny my order, the order of the king," Hidimb joined his hands followed by everyone present there.

"Devi ji, please do something. He's forcing me to trap those brothers along with their mother," Hidimba came forward with joined hands, controlling her tears of concern.

Hidimba had fallen for Bheem, and Subhadra knew that. Subhadra smiled in assurance, parting away Hidimba's joined hands, affectionately.

"What kind of audacity is this, Hidimb? I won't tolerate this," Subhadra's sharp voice rang in air, once more.

"I am acting no opposite to my nature. Feasting on humans' meat is birth right of demons," Hidimb justified his wish, his decision of killing Pandav brothers along with Kunti.

"It's your misconception. No such right is allotted to demons. Feasting on humans' meat is the cruelty of demons which is always their own choices," Subhadra corrected him.

"I don't know anything, Goddess. We had respected and trusted you as our Goddess. Now, it's your turn to reciprocate us," Hidimb demanded the return from Subhadra, and she had no way to deny him.

It was true that Subhadra was respected and trusted enough by demons, and she had accepted that. So, she couldn't back out if any of them needed something from her. She was bound to fulfill that.

"Sure, I promise you to stand for your protection. If you dare to insult any woman again I will withdraw myself from this promise," after thinking for a while, Subhadra promised, at which Hidimb smiled, over confidently.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact did you like here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

JAY SIYA RAM 🙏

SHRI SHIVAAY NAMASTUVYAM 🙏

RADHE RADHE 🙏