[ - ] Subverse Dictionary (If You Need It)

»--• Author's note •--«

I literally have so much to say apologies for the essay bUT I'M SO EXCITED?? think about it: if Sukuna wasn't high from giving an order he woulda tore out Itadori's heart and Itadori woulda made that deal with him but now that deal isn't a thing and I want the Junpei thing to happen but for Sukuna to take that deal instead. ALSO?? LOSING MY FUCKING MIND. IMAGINE GOING TO YOUR PRINCIPAL AND THE PRINCIPAL BEING LIKE "so tell me about your sexual awakening" BECAUSE THAT'S HOW MEGUMI VIEWS THIS EXPERIENCE WHEN REALLY THE PRINCIPAL IS LIKE "give me the cold hard facts itadori's life is in danger" bUT THAT IS THE FACT. GOJO'S GONNA COME BACK TO THE SCHOOL LIKE 🧿👄🧿🕶️🤏

┉┈◈◉◈┈┉

DOM:
Prefers being in control of, taking care of, and praising their partner(s).

SUB: 
Prefers trusting and relinquishing control to their partner(s).

COMMANDS/ORDERS: 
Words that contain a pitch only doms are capable of executing. Doms react irritably to other doms' orders while subs respond positively, usually leading to arousal.

Commands also activate other senses for subs, usually taste, but sometimes touch and smell. Each dom has a unique flavor/response, and descriptions of their flavor/response can vary between subs but is generally the same.

Commands cannot be captured over audio recordings.

Commands come in a range of effectiveness. Subs are sensitive to even the lower end of the command spectrum, though some can resist low-level commands. Doms react more negatively to the higher end of the spectrum if heard.

GLARE: 
Used in punishment, glares instill a fear response in subs and anger in doms. Glares also come in a spectrum, and most doms can control the degree of their glare depending on the wanted results. Strong glares can force subs into a shock response/lead to hospitalization.

PLAY: 
When a command is used, play begins. Sessions usually involve discipline that leads to sexual gratification and are always ended with a reward and aftercare.

SUBDROP:
A depressive episode following an unfulfilling play session. Immune system can lower in this state, which can lead to illness/hospitalization.

SUBSPACE:
After successful play, subs can enter a calm, euphoric state. Subspace can be prolonged by continued contact, aftercare, and praise by their partner(s). This can last a few hours, and puts subs in a happier mood that can be described as them "glowing".

SUBAIDS: 
A device that blocks low- to mid-range command frequencies that is inserted in both ears. Both subs and doms can use these, and certain occupations provide and require them (law enforcement, etc).

ASSESSMENT/EXAM:
All citizens have their dynamics catalogued and added to their medical history. Doms are added to a database law enforcement can access. Participants have their brains and pulse monitored for all phases of the exam.

1. Listening exam.
A live line up of doms within the seven command categories makes up the command spectrum. Participants listen to commands starting at the lower end of the spectrum and tap out when they experience a physical response to a command.

2. Glare exam.
Similar to the command test, participants have their tolerance for glares evaluated from the lower end of the spectrum to the high end. Subs conclude the exam after this unless they opt for a subaid fitting, in which case they're referred to a hearing specialist.

3. Command/Glare Record.
Doms have their command and glare spectrum evaluated and recorded for the database. This part of the exam is continued over several years (usually done by age 22), as young doms are still exercising their commands.

Doms on the higher end of the spectrum are generally headhunted at this point for research opportunities/jobs relating to dynamics.