Prologue

Senate District
Chancellors office

Chancellor Sheeve Palpatine was stuck. Stuck in another mindless argument with the jedi council, and with the Senate as per usual.  The arrogant fools! How much he wanted to reveal himself and show them how insignificant they truly were. But what almost struck even a bigger nerve in Palpatine was all the bureaucratic nonsense he had to deal with. The inefficiency of the republic was absolutely baffling. And to think he already had so many emergency powers! Palpatine had more power then any other chancellor in atleast a millennium yet he still felt stuck and wasn't able to properly act. But all that would change soon, all that patience would pay off. Patience had always payed of for Palpatine. He was patient with his own master Plagueis. The late Muun had become arrogant, maybe even more so then the jedi. He thought himself to be invincible. Plagueis showed weakness to his apprentice. Did Plagueis really believe he would not strike to such an oppertunity like Plagueis himself did with his own master? The fool got drunk and fell asleep after celebrating palpatines victory at becoming chancellor.  Palpatine was ready to retire for the night when he realised he would never get such an oppertunity ever again. His master may very well have become invincible as Plagueis started to look younger and healthier again. He would've become to powerful for Palpatine. Plagueis never was much of a warrior per se, not like the Sith lords of old like Naga Sadow or Darth Malgus for example. But he was powerful not because of his prowess but because of his knowledge of the force. Darth Plagueis was truly wise . The only regret Palpatine had was a bitter one. He so wanted to have learned the secret Plagueis basically had unlocked. But if he would've waited he would always have stayed subservient to Plagueis. There was no other moment to strike, admittedly Plagueis cemented his own fate that night.

Palpatine turned his attention back to Mace Windu who was talking about the Outer-Rim Sieges. These talks with the jedi council were quite regular. It was a devious plan of his to suggest making the jedi part of the general staff of the GAR. The jedi for the most part had no training in warfare whatsoever.  Furthermore their arrogance and dogmatic views on the force were perfect to breed friction between the Clone army and jedi order. The clones felt unnatural in the force. This resulted in many jedi viewing the clones as somewhat unnatural. Their positioning and incompetence made it perfect for when he could find the excuse to enact executive order 66. He had a lot of work before he could do such a thing however. He turned his gaze back to Windu. That fool, palpatine couldn't help but chuckle darkly. The first battle of geonosis was a catastrophe and that man was one of the many reasons. Windu assigned the Commando forces who were specialised in infiltration and guerrilla tactics frontline duty and got over half of all commando squads killed. Oh how h........a shiver ran down his spine but he quickly composed himself. The jedi council fell silent. Playing the ever polite old man palpatine started to speak: "Master jedi, is something wrong?" Something was definitely wrong. There was just a huge dark side presence that enveloped the force and the galaxy for a few seconds, was it his former master? Or was it some powerful spirit? Palpatine was immediately alarmed but could do nothing. For the first time in over a decade Palpatine felt out of control.

Master Yoda spoke up. "The dark side, we just felt. Strong it was, but gone now it is. Meditate we must, speak later we will. Good day to you chancellor." And just like that the council disappeared.

Palpatine immediately got up and started pacing around before deciding to contact Tyranus..

Yet to be named colony world in the unknown regions.

"VITIATE!!!!! YOU KRI........"

"Breathe."

That slimy bantha looking huttspawn Vitiate killed me. I was a threat to him. I can no longer sense him. Seems like I can't even have my revenge at the 'immortal' emperor. Immortal bantha's ass. Admittedly he could be in hiding. But....no, scratch that. The force it's different. There's a dark side shroud over the galaxy yet....it's dormant? No, it's tame. It isn't as wild as it used to be. How peculiar. It seems my contingency worked. Let's..."jedi..."