Chapter 7: You Need to Rest

TCO yawns and gets up from the couch. It's weird. Ever since he started training with Y/N, his sleep became WAYYY better. Oh well. It's probably nothing. He looks around for a bit. It's really quiet. He checks the clock. It says 8:30. It's not very late. He decides to check Y/N in their room. Maybe they overslept.

“Hey Y/N. Are you awa-?”
But he gets cut off with a book being thrown at the wall.

“AH! What? Um… Good morning to you too.”
TCO said

“What?”
Y/N turned

They looked extremely tired. Their room had books everywhere. It was on the bed, the tables, the chair, heck, even the wardrobe. There were doodles and writing on the papers scattered on the floor and… Uh oh. They pulled out the red yarn and bulletin board.

“Uh... Feeling okay Y/N?”
TCO asked

“OH! Haiiiiii Cho! Oh yeah I feel great! Just researching about the Mercenaries, and victim, and RocketCorp, And TDL... And we can't forget about the whole animation thing…ANYWAYS! Don't worry your little head. Today's gonna be a VERY productive day…and busy but still!
Y/N responded as they throw a checklist at TCO.

TCO catches the list and reads it out loud.

“Figure out more about Victim's plans? Make the mercenaries switch sides? Save the color gang?!”
TCO reads and looks at Y/N in disbelief.

“Look… Y/N… I get you're trying to be helpful but-”
Though TCO was cut off by Y/N

“Now I don't really have a plan but if we can get some allies with us, there won't be anything that could stop the team!”
They said enthusiastically

“Y/N”
TCO said in hopes they would hear him.

“I'm also reading a book about technology and the science of weapons and lasers so if I-”

“Y/N… I don't think…”
TCO says until he was cut off by Y/N's response

…that this is good ENOUGH?! It's fine! I have more ideas! It's right here on my fancy schmancy bulletin board!”

“Y/N, you're not listening… I-”

“Look, If you need me to do anything else, I can do it! Help you train, make you food, get tools, anything! Not only that, I-”

“Y/N! LISTEN TO ME!”
TCO says as he cuts off Y/N’s blabbering

Y/N looks at him with their eyes widened. TCO realizes that he raised his voice and turns red as he puts his hand on his mouth.

“Uh… I mean like… I need you to listen to me. You need to rest and all of this…”
He says as he waves his arms around

“Isn't healthy… yeah… I know.”
Y/N followed

“You already know! So why don't you stop?”
TCO questions

“Because… I want to help you. I never knew you were going through so much! I just thought that… I could do something about it.”
Y/N answers

TCO walks up to Y/N and kneels down so they get on eye level since they were sitting. He then takes both their hands and holds them with his own, interlocking both their fingers.

“But you are helping me… All those meals you cook, the times when you bandage my wounds, and that time you trained with me! That was all really helpful!”

Y/N looks at TCO, thinking that he was joking.

“Y/N, I don't think you know how helpful you have been to me. Just as long as you take time to care for yourself, that would be enough.”

“So… you actually don't think I'm useless?”
Y/N asks

“I never did.”
TCO answered

Y/N turns red and looks away. TCO realizes what he said and stops interlocking hands. He gets up and sits on the bed. He rests his hands on his lap and looks in the opposite direction.

“I… uhm… thank you… Cho.”

“Of course.”

The room was silent for a minute until Y/N finally spoke.

“Uhh… I'm going to heat up some leftovers.”
They said as they got up from their chair. They were about to leave until TCO stopped them.

“Wait! No. I can do it. Just stay here.”
He said as he got to the door. He waves bye and goes downstairs.

“Oh… ok”
Y/N mumbled.

They get back up and lie on the bed and stare at the ceiling. They thought about what TCO said. Why was he so nice and… why were they feeling and acting like this?

(Is it because of Cho?)
They thought

They knew that it probably was but…is TCO really the only reason why they are overworking themselves?

(Oh well.)

Y/N gets up and goes downstairs.

(I'm sure Cho would enjoy my company)