2 The Sorting Hat

Hazel's Pov

I was astonished at the sight of Hogwarts Castle. It was something I couldn't express in words. All the merry children were rushing in as much excited as me or maybe even more. Honestly speaking I had not much idea about Hogwarts when I caught the train. I just knew it was some magic school with a big white beard Headmaster who claimed that my parents were witch and wizards and yet didn't knew him. Liar.

He surely knew him. And he knew that I knew that. I was very well aware that he wasn't going to tell me..  any soon. So I thought about better finding things on my own. That's the sole reason I had came here for. I just wished they were alive and searching for me too. I wished they missed me too. I wished they loved me.

We five were heading to the castle when I heard the passerby students talking.

'Is it true?'

'yeah... It is.. He is coming Hogwarts. 'THE BOY WHO LIVED.'

'Its no less than a miracle.. that he survived.'

'And defeated .. you know who.' 

'Who is this.. boy who lived? ' I asked looking at our three guides. 

'Harry Potter.' said Altair calmly.

'MY HERO.' squeaked Cecilia with utter joy. She seemed very happy with the news of his arrival. The boy seemed someone really special but then again she was Cecilia who would get excited at anything. For better explanation I shifted my gaze to Caesar. He seemed reluctant to answer me at first but finally gave up.

'Trouble.' He stated, 'Will advice you to stay away from his business.' 

'Stop talking rubbish. He is a hero. you are just jealous of him.' Cecilia glared at him. 

Caesar shot her an annoyed look. Almost crushing the book in his hold in annoyance. He opened his mouth to say something but then closed it next second and went ahead. And I knew He didn't like that Potter guy.

 Later Altair told us the glorious tale of Harry Potter. How the great dark wizard feared by all got defeated by a one year old boy.

''So you are saying he was barely an year old when he defeated a great dark wizard terrorizing the wizarding world for decade.''

''Yeah and thus potters became the only family to defy the dark lord and survive.'' said Cecilia.

''They all survived.'' I asked.

''Yeah, The whole Potter family, James and Lily Potter along with their son Harry Potter. They all survived.''

 I reminded myself of writing the new piece of information in my diary.

All of us gathered in the great Hall. And in all Caesar was included. He wasn't that much bothered by our company as he would show. He rather liked it. I knew that very well. The Hall was really big, well it was supposed to be to accommodate all the students of Hogwarts. At one corner I saw a big crowd encircling two boys in particular.

One of the boy wore glasses with black hairs, while the other had white blond hairs. 

'Oh my my... He is Harry Potter.' Squealed Cecilia making Caesar cover his ears in annoyance.

'For the sake of Merlin... Shut your mouth.'

 I wouldn't blame Caesar for his rude tone for after hearing the same name all this time.. I was myself fed up. But still I forced my curiosity and looked back at the two boys.

'Which one..?' 

'The one with glasses.' Altair replied, 'He has the scar.'

'Who is the other one... the one with blond white hairs.' asked Lillian looking back at us.

'Draco Malfoy..' said Cecilia, 'You better not bump into him... Stay as far as possible.'

I wanted to ask why but the Sorting ceremony was just about to start. So I left the talk for some other day.

As Altair had told us, We were going to be sorted in four houses as per the judgement of the sorting Hat. Cecilia was over excited, she had talked about this a lot in the train wondering which house she will be joining. I had a hunch.

And  it was proved right when the hat said, 'Hufflepuff' and Cecilia jumped in excitement from the chair. One of the professors escorted her to the table of Hufflepuff. The next one from our group was Altair and as I had expected he got sorted in Gryffindor.  The next in line was Caesar and he joined the Slytherin. I had expected him to join no less. He did seemed cunning and mysterious with the dark wizard vibes. I meant that in a good way, no offense.

The last one remaining were me and Lillian. I wished for us to be together. But I knew our ways were going to part away.. We were waiting for our name watching others getting sorted. Cecili's hero Harry along with his two friends got sorted in Gryffindor, while Draco Malfoy got in Slytherin.

'Lillian Reuben.' 

My heart started pounding when her name was called. She smiled at me before heading up to the chair. The hat was placed on her long black hairs reaching down to her waist. Her blue eyes filled with millions of emotion except nervousness..

'Hmm.. there I see the spark of bravery.. but then again.  I see wisdom.. That's interesting. Wait  there's more, there I see the deep in, it is ambition. The will to do anything.... for your goal. I know what you need.....  Slytherin.'

 I saw her walking up to the Slytherin Table taking her seat beside Caesar. He would be around to help her I said to myself. I still wonder how things would have shaped if we were in the same house. I had just found her and I didn't wanted to loose her for we were sorting in different houses. My first friend at Hogwarts.

'Hazel Walter.' I heard Professor Mcgonagall call my name. I stepped up and took the seat. As soon as the hat was placed on my head I heard it.

'Ravenclaw,'

Second chapter ends here

It's short... I know

I will try to do better in the next chapter.

Wonder why Hazel was in Ravenclaw?

Don't forget to vote and comment.