four

after taking some time to calm down, i meet up with nova at the school library, one of our many spots.

me and nova have a designated 'spot' for every single room in this college. so when we text eachother "meet at hallway B, at our spot" we know exactly where we are.

we're both sat down on a comfortable massive bean bag, both reading romeo and juliet for our english class. me and nova are the same like that. even though we have a whole month left to finish this, we'd rather get it done now, so that way we have a whole month free.

"this is so ass, i can't even understand what they're saying" nova groans and slams the book shut.

"i know" i sigh "we might as well just search up a summary of the book and use that in the class discussion" i roll my eyes, and nova slaps my shoulder "ow!"

"let's actually do that! how will he know?" she smirks and i laugh "true"

we put our books back faster than we picked them up, and make our way out of the school library.

i decided not to tell nova about the unknown number, it'll just cause unwanted stress on her part. she's like that, an empath. if you're worried, so is she. you're sad? so is she, but i love her for it.

"what should we do now?" i ask
"ugh i hate weekends, would you believe me if i said i'd rather be studying right now?" she stares at me hopefully and i snort. "no"

nova rolls her eyes "fine, what do you suggest we do then?"

oh god, she put me on the spot

"let's just go shopping, girl time" i smile at her and she winks at me. i wiggle my arm through hers and thankfully we already had our purses, so we don't need to go back to the dorms to get our wallets.

there's only one mall in scotia springs, and it's huge. it has all the shops you'd need right here, which i'm utterly thankful for. i hate shopping online for clothes, they never get my size right.

the second we step into the mall, a cold breeze fills the air and me and nova groan. it's so hot outside we damn near melted.

we make our way through half the mall in no time. nova carries three bags, one has a present for her mother inside, another has some dresses she bought, and the third has some jewellery.

i hold two bags, one with a dress from the same shop she bought hers from, and the other one has a stuffed animal for my collection.

"let's go in here" i grab her hand and we walk into victoria's secret. i make my way to the bra section. i've been running out of bras, i'm pretty sure that nova has been stealing mine

i make my way over to the sexier section. i always wear lingerie underneath my clothes. not to impress anyone, it makes me feel powerful knowing i'm wearing a matching lace set underneath my clothes.

i've slept with my fair share of people, but i've never had a boyfriend. i don't want that love shit. nova calls me dramatic whenever i talk about it but i believe love is like a drug, a chemical.

it's an amazing high, when you're on it you chase it, you want more. but overtime it becomes a bad kind of addictive, you get tired of the drug you're currently on, you need more. something stronger. that's why people cheat. the high eventually goes away and the love dies

there's no point.

my mother and father and the embodiment of this. growing up they were always arguing, never did i see them actually love one another, always cheating on eachother, slapping eachother around. it was a shit show.

to say me and my father don't have a good relationship would be an understatement, we never got along. though i guess none of that matters since he killed himself when i was thirteen.