Chapter 1 ~ The Quiet Boys Daydreams

WARNING: NOT ACCURATE CARTMAN IN THIS STORY!!!!

Stanley stared out of the classroom window, his mind miles away from the drone of his teachers voice. As his classmates scribbled furiously in their notebooks, Stanleys mind drifted towards the old abandoned house down the street, its weathered facade a constant reminder of the friend he had lost.

It had been three years since Kyle's family had moved away, leaving a gaping hole in Stanleys life. The four of them - Stanley, Kyle, Eric and Kenneth - had been inseparable since the fourth grade, their laughter and antics echoing through the neighborhood. But when Kyle's father had gotten a new job in a different city, Stanley's world had come crashing down.

At first, the distance hadn't been too bad. Kyle and Stanley would talk on the phone for hours, sharing stories and making plans for when they would see eachother again. But as months passed, the calls grew fewer and father between, and the once-vibrant bond between the two best friends began to fade.

Stanley sighed, drumming his fingers on the desk as he tried to focus on the lesson. Eric, seated next to him, elbowed him playfully, flashing a mischievous grin.

"Daydreaming again, are we?" Eric whispered, his boisterous voice cutting through the quiet classroom. "Whats on your mind, Stan? Or should i say, who?"

Stanley felt his cheeks flush with embarrassment, and he quickly shook his head. "Its nothing, Cartman. Just... thinking ahout some stuff, thats all."

Eric's grin widened, and he leaned in closer. "Come on, Stan. I know you've been missing your old pal Kyle. We all have, to be honest. But you cant keep moping about it forever, you know?"

Stanley opened his mouth to respond, but the sharp sound of the teacher's voice cut him off.

"Eric, Stanley, is there something you would like to share with the class?"

Both boys straightened up, their eyes fixed on the fromt ot the room. "No ma'am," they mumbled in unison, sinking back into their seats.

As the lesson resumed, Stanley's mind once again drifted to Kyle. He remembered the countless hours they had spent together, playing in the park, building forts in the woods, and dreaming up wild adventures. Kyle had been the one who had brought Stanley out of his shell, encouraging him to be more confident and outgoing.

And then, just like that, he was gone. Stanley had felt a piece of himself disappear, along with his best friend, leaving him to navigate the world with just Eric and Kenneth by his side.

It wasnt that Stanley didnt enjoy their company - Erics boisterous nature and Kenneths quiet wit were a constant source of entertainment. But there was something about Kyle that Stanley had never been able to replace. The way they could communicate without words, the way they could finish each other's sentences, the way they could get into trouble then laugh about it together.

Stanley closed his eyes, picturing Kyle's familiar face, his mischievous grin, and the way his eyes would light up with excitement. He could hear Kyle's voice, calling out to him, begging him to join in on some new scheme.

Suddenly a sharp elbow to his ribs jolted Stan back to reality. He turned to see Kenneth, his usually timid features twisted into a concerned frown.

"You okay Stan?" Kenneth whispered, his brow furrowed. "You look like your a million miles away."

Stanley nodded, offering his friend a small smile. "Yeah, im fine. Just... thinking, thats all."

Kenneth nodded, his expression softening. "I know its hard, with Kyle being gone and all. But you know we're here for you right? Cartman and I, we're not going anywhere."

Stanley felt a surge of gratitude towards his two friends, and he reached out to give Kenneths arm a gentle squeeze. "I know, Kenny. And im really greatful for that, really. Its just..." He paused, his gaze driftimg back to the abandoned house. "I miss him, you know? I miss Kyle."

Kenneth followed Stanleys gaze, his own expression tinged with a hint of sadness. "I know, Stan. We all do. But maybe, one day, he'll come back. Who knows?"

Stanley nodded, his heart swelling with a faint glimmer of hope. As the bell rang, signaling the end of the school day, he gathered his things and headed out the door, his mind still consumed by the thoughts of his long-lost friend.

Little did he know, Kyles return was closer than he could of imagined...