2.2 Escalated

As the shadowy wave engulfed the school, everything it touched temporarily transformed into 3D, with the exception of the teachers and students. Only Rasazy, Claire, and Alice were rendered in three dimensions.

Claire P.O.V

Before the emergence of Alice out of her room, Claire found herself gasping for breath. After a moment's pause, she realized the door she had entered was not the exit, as darkness shrouded the path ahead. In the distance, she spotted a girl of similar age, her eyes glowing red.

Without warning, the girl stomped her foot, conjuring spikes that came in many sizes and hurtledtowards Claire, tinged with ominous red particles.

Reacting swiftly, Claire leaped backward to evade the spikes. Time seemed to freeze momentarily as she observed the girl effortlessly navigating between the looming spikes. Suddenly, the girl struck with claw-like appendages, sending Claire tumbling backward as time resumed its course.

The impact left a sizable, blood-red gash on Claire's face, throbbing with pain. Despite the injury, she sprinted towards the door she had entered, desperate to escape. Meanwhile, the girl behind her sprouted tentacle-like appendages, relentlessly pursuing Claire.

Rasazy P.O.V

As Claire found herself relentlessly pursued by the now-identified Alice, thanks to Miss Circle's revelation, a sense of urgency gripped Rasazy as she ran to catch up to them. While Miss Circle, oddly passive, simply observed as the chase unfolded, her slow pace hinting at a reluctance to intervene.

In the midst of the chaotic pursuit through the hallways, Rasazy shadowed their movements, unnoticed. With each passing moment, Claire's agility and resourcefulness were on full display as she deftly evaded Alice's relentless strikes. Every move was calculated, and every dodge was a testament to her determination to escape.

As Claire made a desperate dash towards the real exit, Alice underwent a terrifying transformation. Her once-human form twisted into something demonic, shrouded in darkness with eyes ablaze with crimson intensity. Despite the transformation, she maintained her relentless pursuit, her tentacle-like appendages propelling her forward with alarming speed.

Unbeknownst to them, Rasazy silently trailed behind, her resolve steeling with each passing second. When Alice was poised to strike as Claire reached for the real exit door, Rasazy acted without hesitation. Drawing upon the remnants of her still-recovering powers, her right eye glowed with a vibrant pink hue as she tapped into the latent abilities inherited from her mother.

In the climactic showdown, Rasazy summoned her strength, or rather, what's left of it, her determination fueling her every move. Despite knowing she was merely postponing the inevitable, she refused to let someone she knew perish without a fight. She ignored the years it would take to restore her powers to their prime; she pressed forward, driven by a sense of duty and compassion. In that moment, even if Claire is not family, she is still someone she knew, and she was compelled to act, to protect.

Rasazy harnessed the swirling energy around her, molding it into a concentrated ball of demonic power. With precision, she unleashed it upon Alice, who was closing in on Claire. The impact halted Alice's advance momentarily, the force of the attack causing her to stagger. Surprisingly, the environment remained relatively untouched, save for a faint ripple of energy.

However, Alice quickly regained her composure, pivoting to face Rasazy with renewed determination. With another decisive stomp of her foot, she triggered a cascade of spikes infused with ominous red particles, blanketing the ground and closing in on Rasazy's position. In a swift response, Rasazy leaped backward, narrowly evading the onslaught.