1 The Hogwarts Express

A strange feeling creeped in my heart as I set myself to the world of magic. For some stupid reason I named it The sense of Belongingness. Although I was very much aware that this was nothing more than a simple mixture of amazement, enthusiasm, wonder and bitsy nervousness. Still I named it that. Don't ask me why. It felt nice to think I belonged somewhere.

The Hogwarts Express. I beamed at the sight of it. Kids my age and above getting on the train biding bye to their parents. Parents. I looked back just to see.. no one. I rushed in the train searching for an empty cabin when I bumped in someone. Back then, I had no idea this very encounter was going to change my whole life. 

We both were about to fell on our butts but fortunately I was lucky enough to grab her hand balancing us and prevent the fall. 

"I am really sorry.. I wasn't looking ...  where I was going." the girl i bumped into said grabbing my attention. She had a beautiful pair of beautiful red eyes and slightly curly brown hairs up to her shoulder.  

''No.. It's fine I wasn't looking forward either.'' I said looking in her red eyes. They looked the same just like I had seen in my dreams.

The girl nodded taking her bag but then a sudden furrow aroused on her face. She shifter her gaze to the floor searching for something intently. I started looking at the floor too and found an old black leather diary lying in the corner. I took it in my hands swiftly, cleaning the dust off. It had a named carved on it.

Giselle.

The girl looked at me nervously as i read the name. I looked back at her, once again in those enchanting red orbs. I passed the book to her with a slight smile.

'Hazel.. Hazel Lily Walter.' She introduced herself smiling back at me.

'Lillian Iris Reuben.' I said. 'Nice to meet you.'

                                                                                         *****

Together we searched some more cabin but they were all full. I was loosing hope.. were we going to travel to Hogwarts standing like this. I turned to Hazel looking for some space in a cabin.  She hung her head low. Another defeat.

We both sat in the corridor leaning our back on the wall. ' How is there no single empty seat.' I snorted.

  'I don't care If there is some empty seat. I won't be going there without you.' Hazel looked at me smiling. 'It's fine here with you.' 

I felt a sudden unease in my heart. And this feeling felt nice. Unknowingly my lips moved upward, I smiled. A genuine one. Without any force. It was natural... real.

I looked ahead. looking at the filled cabins. There at the end I noticed one I felt I hadn't earlier. All the cabins looked same. But still you could tell the difference. I could. I believed either it was not there earlier or very strangely both of us didn't notice that very particular one. 

'Have checked the last one' I knew we hadn't still I asked.

'Which one..' Hazel looked at the one I was pointing at, 'No I don't think so... I didn't notice that earlier.. strange.' She was bewildered just like me. Then again we were entering the world of magic.

'Let's test our luck one last time.' I stood up and walked to the cabin Hazel followed me. I gripped the sliding door's handle gently. 'On the count of three.. One... two..' but before I could complete Hazel slide the door open. Impatient.

The cabin wasn't empty. It wasn't full either. There were two boys and a girl of the same age as us sitting there.  The girl was blond with bambi eyes looking at us sweetly. One of the boys had brown hairs while the other had slightly long black hairs. The brown haired one smiled at us sweetly.

'Mind if we join...'

'Please...' the brown haired guy gestured us to come in. He was a little taller than me well taller than all of us present in the cabin, had striking grey eyes and a charming smile. 

Hazel rushed in with a lightning speed and comforted herself on the berth. I followed in and took seat near the window placing my luggage beside me. As I settled properly and looked forward I found a  pair of black eyes staring me. I had sat just in front of the black haired boy.  I looked back in his starring eyes and  starred back at him, after some time he grew tired  and looked in the book he was holding all  this time in his hand.

'So, where are you from? You didn't seem to be from around here.' the blond girl said. Before either of us could answer the brown haired boy nudged her hand and whispered in her ear.

'Sorry... I forgot to introduce myself. I am Cecilia.. Cecilia Diggory. Pleased to meet you.' 

'Hazel Walter. Nice to meet you too.'

'Lillian Reuben.' I said.

'And I am Altair... Altair Black.. 'The brown haired boy introduced himself. The very next second all of our eyes shifter to the black haired guy still reading his book. The boy looked away from his book finally and sighed.

'Caesar Snape.' He said in a low but audible voice and engrossed himself in the book again.

We four continued our talk and Caesar remained engrossed in his book the whole time. 

'So you both are muggle borns.' asked Cecilia curiously.

'Yeah' I said nonchalantly.

'It's a little complicated to explain.... I am actually a half blood' she said almost in a whisper still audible, 'it's just I don't know about my parents. I got to know about all this just three months prior when Prof. Dumbledore visited me at the orphanage. He told me I was lost and somehow ended up in muggle world.'

'And your Parents..' chimed Altair, 'Prof Dumbledore must have told you something about them'

'He didn't....' Hazel took a deep breathe before collecting herself. Her eyes had teared up as soon as she had started to tell about her parents. She wiped her teary eyes and beamed again.

All of us smiled back cheering her up. Altair started telling us about the history of Hogwarts to change the topic. From the corner of my eyes I looked at Caesar looking at us keenly. As soon as our eyes locked he shifted his gaze back to his book again. 

So the first chapter ends.

Here I would like to tell you that All of the characters I have introduced plus the original characters will have their Pov. Some may have long some may have short. It depends on the need of chapter.

Hope you liked it.

I would like you to help Hazel find her family.

Don't forget to vote and comment.