⁰⁵⁻ 𝐇𝐞'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡

CHAPTER FIVE
"He's got a crush.."
"Like you don't."

       After class ends, the students file out and go to their lockers

       After class ends, the students file out and go to their lockers. Scott's locker is across the hallway and several meters down from Allison's, and when Scott catches her eye, Allison smiles at him. Just then, Lydia approaches Allison and strikes up a conversation, and Scott continues to watch them from afar and eavesdrop on them with his newly-enhanced hearing as Hope, Stiles and their friend Harley join him by his own locker.

"That jacket is absolutely killer. Where'd you get it?" Lydia asked Allison, looking at her jacket.

"My mom was a buyer for a boutique back in San Francisco." Allison smiled.

"And you are my new best friend." Just then, Jackson, Lydia's boyfriend, joins them as well. Lydia greets him warmly as he puts his arm around her waist, though it makes Allison feel uncomfortable.

"Heyyy."

"Hey, Jackson." Lydia said. Jackson and Lydia share a kiss. Meanwhile, across the hall, Harley, who is also watching the scene go down in front of them, looks at Hope, Scott and Stiles incredulously, though Scott is too busy listening to Allison, Lydia, and Jackson's conversation to hear her.

"Can someone tell me how the New Girl is here all of five minutes, and she's already hanging out with Lydia's clique?" Though Harley was obviously being facetious, Hope replies with a genuine answer.

"Because she's pretty." Harley shrugged and nodded in agreement. Stiles still doesn't get it and shrugs before finishing Hope's thought.

"Beautiful people herd together—Why do you think Hope hangs with 'em sometimes?" He said simply, shrugging once more. Harley sent him a look then looked down at Hope who looked up at her brother who was so distracted by listening to Allison, Lydia and Jackson talk that he doesn't even react to Hope, Harley and Stiles' argument.

Stiles also looked at Scott before he turned to Hope and she nodded when he did.

"He's got a crush.." Stiles shrugged.

"Like you don't." Hope snickered, looking at him.

"I-I mean. Yeah! But—Scott just...you know? He... never mind." Stiles shook his head, looking the opposite way and mumbling something to himself causing Hope to laugh and shake her head. Hope then looked over and saw Lydia grab Allison by the hand and drag her to the lacrosse field, with Allison giving Scott one last look before she goes.

       The lacrosse team has gathered on the lacrosse field, where the players are warming up by passing the ball back and forth as other students congregate in the bleachers to watch the team play. Scott and Stiles are in the middle of a conversation as they quickly jog toward the field. In a change in dynamics from the previous night, it is now Stiles who is out of breath and trying to keep up with Scott, who seems unfazed by the exertion.