Prologue

<<Eleonora wake up>> Matthias whispered into my ear while I was sleeping, then I stretched slowly and opened my eyes <<What do you want?>> I asked him. <<You have to leave for the exchange student today, don't you remember?>> Oh God, as usual, I forgot something else important! I always forget things because I'm too busy sleeping.

I got up and took my clothes, a black cargo and a red oversized T-shirt with a car drawn on it, I'm a sucker for streetwear.

<<Get out of here!>> I screams, I knew very well that my brother had opened the door and warned me, but I was always ashamed to change in front of him. He said <<You're my sister, do you know how many times I've seen you naked?>> He's deaf! Well, if he did! I threw him out of the room without thinking too hard, then I locked the room. <<You must respect me Thias! >> said that I locked the room.

I took off my pajamas and put on my clothes, immediately afterwards I went in front of the mirror and I fixed my hair, I looked for my mascara but I noticed that it wasn't in its place where I always kept it 'Where is my mascara?' I asked to myself.

I started looking for him all over the room but nothing to do, he's not there! I unlock the door of my room and i start looking for him, <<THIAS! >> he didn't answer...DAMN! I can't stand it.

<<THIAS! >> I walked into his room slamming the door and saw him crying sitting on his bed, I sat next to him and took my hands off his face <<Thias...>> he looked up and immediately hugged me,
a hug full of affection,
an hug full of fraternal love,
an hug that made me realize how important I am to him.

<<Don't go away Ele...>> stopped and I kept staring at him because I know he would like to talk but he can't, but suddenly whispered lower voice: <<I can't stay without you Ele>.
<<Thias...>>
<<I don't want to be alone with two parents fighting all the time! I don't even have friends and you know that perfectly! >> I looked at his ice-colored eyes and immediately noticed that they were off, then I put my hands on his cheeks and I started to talk gently <<Thias, listen to me, I know how you feel right now...I feel the same way. I know it's not going to be easy to deal with brotherly love at a distance of 9,721 km, but the important thing is to try, don't you think? I think you know that I'm going to America to learn English, I need it for my future...indeed, our future!>> he wrapped his arms around my body and hugged me hard <<You're my life Thias, remember>> he nodded and continued to embrace me.

<<<And anyway I was the one who stole your mascara>> he grinned. <<You're always the same...you'll never change, right?>> smiles. I love my brother more than anyone else, even though he can be heavy and hard-headed sometimes, but that's okay. I love him for what he is.

As soon as I arrived in my room I immediately put the mascara and I started packing my suitcase 'I must always be late...but who made me be born late!' exclaimed between me and me as I took out various streetwear style clothes. I also pulled out some elegant dress, one long dark red with one slit on the right and the other short black, in a nutshell is a classic dress. I want to bring them in for safety.

I can never know that there will be a prom, but even if there were one who would ask me to dance! All the boys are now always busy staring and wanting the most beautiful girls, or those who look like Greek goddesses, for example Athena, a wonderful goddess.

I started to put all the clothes inside the suitcase but while I was wondering 'Will I be okay in Beaver Hills? I will be able to make friends even if I will only stay a year in that place?'. I put in the suitcase also a pair of black vanes and black heels with a fine tip.

I closed my suitcase and started to feel bad...the anxiety is rising. Fantastic! Until a little while ago I was calm and now I'm agitating since for my first time I will be very far away from my brother and for more I will ...

I closed my suitcase and started to feel bad...the anxiety is rising. Fantastic! Until a little while ago I was calm and now I am agitated because for my first time I will be very far away from my brother and for more I will always have to speak in English because I will be in America.

<<<I see you a little stressed>> I murmured laughing, I turned around and saw him with his shoulders attached to my bedroom door. Smiles. He went into my room and took my suitcase from me <<I'll take it to you, you try to calm down and be quiet>> he kissed me on the forehead. I smiled even more. He walked away from me and started walking towards the exit of my room, dragging my suitcase.

We went into the room and I immediately noticed our mother, Eva De Angelis, waiting for us <<Good morning Eleonora and good morning Matthias>> said smiling, his kindness is something unique and in fact many people told me that I looked a lot like my mother because I am always kind and helpful, but a difference between me and my mother is that I can hold back hidden emotions and I also know to be very unkind, but only when I want.

<<Good morning mother>> I said with a smile on my face <<Good morning>> said Matthias in a cold tone, he didn't get along at all with our parents and in fact did nothing but disappoint them.

Our father also arrived, Nicolas Re, <<Good morning father>> I said smiling and he smiled back saying <<Good morning figliola>>, Matthias looked at me and immediately understood the reason, he does not agree with our father and then not to be scolded by our father, said <<Good morning>> in a cold tone that contained pain and sadness, <<Good morning to you too, Matthias>> said our father looking at him with disappointment. Matthias didn't deserve all this hatred, he's just a guy who wants to live his life like his sister, I mean, Nicolas only scolded him for various reasons and this made him suffer even more.

Are you ready for the exchange student? >> my mother asked me in a satisfied and cheerful tone, <<Obvious Mother, I can't wait to leave! Although I will miss Matthias a lot...>> I answered with a happy smile on my mouth but at the same time with an unhappy tone, I did not like the fact of leaving Matthias alone with our parents. I always took care of him, they never did because they are always busy, but unlike my father, my mother knows very well how much Matthias suffered because of our father. But sometimes it gave him the courage to not care what our father says.

<<Daughter you know true that you will not have to attend people messed>> my father told me with a disappointed tone, I already understood what he was referring and then I answered <<I know father, but with them it is up to me the choice to talk. If a person is polite, even if he smokes, I can safely talk to him>> I answered him with this sentence to make him understand that he can trust me, I am very careful before making friends with someone. I usually observe them to understand their auras and they are positive, then I talk to them, but if they are negative then I'll do the opposite.
<<Okay daughter>> he told me, I decided to hug him and after a while I detached and I said smiling <<Thanks father...>> to interrupt me was Matthias who said <<Let's go Ele, otherwise you'll lose the plane>> I nodded and took my suitcase and then left our house, while I greeted my parents and immediately went outside where there was Matthias waiting for me in the car, a black mercedes CLA Coupé.