XXXVI

Hi, guys!

Ready for part XXXVI?😚

~~~

Jisoo has just returned from Chaeyoung's apartment, she enters the lock code, and the front door is unlocked with a soft beep. She's about to go and put the cake box Chaeyoung has given her to the kitchen when she sees the lights in the living room are all on. The second thing is the strong smell of cigarette hitting her nostrils.

Jisoo places the box on the ground and takes a pair of shoes in her hands as her defence as she walks there, as silent as possible, ready to scream for help if anyone jumps on her.

But as she slowly walks behind the figure sitting on a couch, she knows there's no need to be defensive, it's just Jennie.

She drops the shoes loudly on the ground, making Jennie flinch as she turns to Jisoo who's looking at her with confusion.

"Jennie. What are you doing here?" She asks. Ever since revealing the truth about the engagement, she's been giving Jennie cold shoulders, feeling betrayed by her cousin, Jisoo has decided if she's ought to choose a side, it's going to be Lisa's.

Though right now, looking at Jennie here in her apartment, looking all lost and devastated, Jisoo sees the same little girl who had lost her parents and was left alone in the world. She feels bad for her, maybe it's all not something to judge by how awful it looks. Maybe Jennie has some valid explanations for this.

"I..." She swallows, looking down at her fidgety hands, not daring to look at Jisoo in the eyes. "I didn't know where to go."

"Jennie..."

"I'm sorry, Unnie. I leave now." She grabs her hoodie and is about to pass Jisoo when the older woman holds her arm on a pretty quick reaction. Up close, the bad smell of smoke is stronger. Jisoo wants to say something on it, she'd thought Jennie's quited smoking!

She really doesn't want Jennie to be alone. Yes, she's mad at her and feels betrayed by the sudden news, but Jennie is still her cousin, the girl she sees like a sister. No older sister would leave the younger alone when they need help, and Jisoo is no exception.

"Come sit, I make drinks." She says and walks back to the foyer of her apartment to get the cake box and then goes to get them each a mug of hot chocolates.

Five minutes later, they both have a mug steaming chocolate scent to the room and a plate of cakes only for Jennie because Jisoo has already had more than enough of sweets tonight.

She watches her cousin wrapping her hands firmly around the mug, not taking her eyes off it for a long time until it's cool enough to sip from it.

The silence is already bothering Jisoo, so she just heaves a sigh and starts the conversation.

"What's going on, Jennie?" She wants to sound strict, but who is she kidding? Jennie is the girl she's grown up with, she can't just push her aside because she's made a mistake. Jisoo didn't abandon her when Jennie was in her worst behavior and had gotten herself a bad reputation in the family. She won't let leave her alone now that she's sure Jennie needs her.

"Unnie..." She finally looks up from her mug. "I fucked up, Unnie. I... I was so dumb that I thought I can handle it!"

"Handle what? Both of them at the same time?"

"I have nothing to do with Chahee! I promise, Jisoo Unnie."

"Then what are these all about?"

"It's just a show! He made me do this! He-... I'm too weak to face him alone, Jisoonnie! I can't do it! He left me no choice!" Jennie takes a deep breath. "I was trapped, okay? I was-... I promise I never cheated on Lisa!"