15- "Do I miss him?"

CHAPTER 15

“No one escapes from life alive.” ~ Michael Crichton, "Congo"

Hazel staggered out of the portal into her room, helping Məhv Edən, who leaned heavily on her shoulder.

Worried he might be unconscious, she trembled and attempted to call for Murata while she tried to keep herself steady on her feet as she swayed.

Murata’s panicked voice came from a distance, and Hazel blinked, trying to focus her vision.

“Sire? SIRE!” Murata exclaimed, distressed.

Hazel fought back the urge to gag at the odour of burnt wood clinging to him.

She could tell he had suffered extensive injuries; it was likely that most of the bones in his body were broken.

They had come back home profoundly tortured, and Məhv Edən was bleeding profusely. Hazel feared he might go into shock from the blood loss.

A surge of nausea rose in her throat, and she gasped for breath, clinging to him. She collapsed against Məhv Edən as her vision blurred once more.

Suddenly, his weight was lifted off her shoulders, and she slumped weakly onto the floor, still reeling from the pain and shock of the torture.

Holding back tears, Hazel clumsily tried to stand upright. It was imperative that Murata knew about the red and black flames.

“Sire..? I received your message. Please hold on,” she heard her saying.

From her half-closed eyelids, Hazel watched as Murata poured vial after vial of potions into Məhv Edən's mouth, which he swallowed without protest.

His shaking seemed to ease slightly after a few minutes, but Murata remained anxious as she hovered over him.

Hazel knew that his arms were still broken, and since Murata wasn't allowed to use magic, she wouldn't be able to heal them.

Hazel saw her outline growing clearer as she approached her and cradled her head in her arm, gently offering a potion, "Drink this; it will help you feel better, my lady.”

"I can't see. I can't see," Hazel moaned, caught between pain and delirium.

"He burned him. I saw it—red and black fire," she whispered.

"What?" Murata asked, horrified.

"The Kral... he trapped Məhv Edən in a cage of red and black flames."

Murata's eyes widened in dread as she turned to look at Məhv Edən lying on the floor. She quickly administered three more potions to Hazel before helping her onto the bed.

"My lady, I have to go. Please rest. I'll be back soon.”

Hazel had never seen Murata so distraught before. It was unsettling to witness the usually composed and collected woman so visibly agitated.

Panic began to rise within her, Hazel's vision blurred as she searched for Məhv Edən.

Suddenly, she caught sight of Murata stepping into a golden portal, carrying her master heavily on her back.

Hazel wanted to stay awake to process everything that had happened, but her mind felt foggy, like she couldn't think straight.

She struggled to undress, pulling her clothes off with shaking hands. She was feeling repulsed by her own skin; the feeling of Kral's torture was still strong inside her flesh.

Whenever she tried to close her eyes, his vivid red eyes seemed to stare back at her. Finally, the potions began to take effect, making her limbs heavy. With a sigh, she turned onto her side and drifted into a deep, dreamless sleep.