𝗣𝗿𝗲𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲

Greetings!

Thank you so much for giving a chance to this book. "Harrowing hiraeth: Suicide note that I never wrote" is a poetry collection born from my inner harrowing turmoil. The poetry collection aims to narrate my journey through healing, pain, longing, suffering and fractured dreams.

All poems in this book may not be my personal tales but they're inspired by my life and so, I do not mean to cater to anybody's ideologies, opinions or life. This is purely my experience.

The title speaks of the juxtaposed nature of life. By this poetry collection, I want to jot down the feelings I felt during harming myself. Again, it's my story, I do not claim to relate or offend anyone by sharing my experience.

I got the idea of this collection through the word "hiraeth" which is something I relate to a lot. The longing for home which never existed. These themes have been explored previously in my poems, "childhood memories", "therapy" and other poems from "Life is lonely lethal love", published a year before. Yet, I wanted to dedicate an entire collection only for this feeling.

May the poems serve you as the light in dark night or darkness in pale yellow sunlight. A reminder that even in our deepest depths of darkness or in happiness, we aren't alone and those feelings can flip into opposite in few seconds.

As someone said, "art can comfort the disturbed and disturb the comforted".

Yours truly,
Rose
To her,
Cherries ♡

𝘛𝘞 - 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘩, 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘴, 𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘤 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘴, 𝘢𝘯𝘹𝘪𝘦𝘵𝘺 , 𝘦𝘵𝘤