CHAPTER 7: DON'T STOP ME NOW

It's been a week or so since you're staying at the turtle's place. At first, you couldn't deal with the smell, as you've always been a little oversensitive. You thought about plugging your nose, but figured that exposure therapy is more convenient, at least if you're planning on staying with the guys for a while. The whole sleeping deal was also a struggle without your pills. 'Even if I had 'em, I gotta learn to sleep on my own... Dad's all about finding alternative treatments, after all'.

So, you tried to help prepare the space in the lab that Master Splinter assigned for you, maybe you would end up so tired that you would sleep right away... but after none of the brothers allowed you to do anything really important, you gave up. The most they came to you for were opinions about the layout or, in Donnie's case, your preferences for the shape of your new bed. 'Gosh... If I knew they'd take it this seriously, I'd have just told 'em to bring my bed from my apartment.'

You've been able to walk on your own lately, so, even if Donnie was reluctant at first, you've been attending school and college, as you can't afford to miss any more classes: you're already too far behind. You've also decided to take part in the mission to rescue your dad. Can't let the bros handle all the action, you know? Although you decided not to tell them why you were so weak, and the guys respected that you didn't want to spill the tea, Donnie insisted that you should focus on recovering instead of taking action 'cause 'A good rest is the best medicine'. Master Splinter even threw in a promise to include you in training sessions with the brothers once you're back in tip-top shape.

Still, you feel like that might take a while, and the quicker you track down the Kraang (That's what the brothers call 'em) the quicker you'll be reunited with your pops. So, in Donatello's carelessness, you decided to sneak out. You have gotten a little closer to him lately, since you both spend most of the time in the lab, but your father is a topic where not even friends would get in the way. 'Sorry Donnie... I can't stay all day doing nothing...' You think to yourself, as you step out of the lair.

'If I'mma try to gather intel from alien brains inside robot suits, at least I want to have my phone to gather all the info I can get' As you reach what you suppose is still your home, you climb towards your balcony, with a lot of effort. Your bad habit of leaving the window open when sleeping turned out to be useful after all. 'Taking my Uchiwa wouldn't be a bad idea either... It's been a while since I last practiced.... But it's just in case'.

With a groan, you manage to open the window to your room, almost falling due to pulling too hard. 'Whew... that was close... If I die, Donnie will double kill me'

You squint your eyes, trying to get better used to the darkness. The soft light from the street slightly illuminates your room, letting you glimpse your backpack (a small black denim one, with a few pockets) on the chair next to your closet. 'Good! I hope my phone didn't discharge that much while I wasn't using it.' You reach into your backpack, checking to see if your phone is inside. When you feel the silhouette of the cell phone in your hands, you go to look for your belt and your Uchiwa.

You grab the first thing and rush to slap the strap 'round your waist, searching for your weapon to hook it to your hips. 'Time to reunite with my baby!' But as much as you move your hand inside your bag, you can't seem to find your Uchiwa. 'Huh? But... I'm sure I left it here... I always practice some techniques after classes...' You let out a sigh. 'I guess I ain't got time for sappy reunions; there are some lame alien brains waiting to be stalked... I'll search for it later" You say to yourself, cramming in your backpack the clothes you reckon you'll need in the next few days.

'Finally! I was getting sick of wearing threads the turtles salvage from the garbage... Can't folks toss some stylish clothes for a change?' You complain, slinging your bag onto your back and fastening the chest strap, to prevent the backpack from moving from its place. You dash out of your room, bedroom window shut but totally unlocked, in case you need to come back later.