Chapter 15

//(This chapter is going to be a bit long because of the date and also shows Taegan's relationship with her sister so beware)// ><

Taegan's POV

"You wouldn't be scared alone, right?"

Aunt Betha asks as she puts her lipstick and other important necessities in her handbag.

"Come on. I thought you wouldn't act like mom" I cross my arms and roll my eyes when Aunt Betha sighs and pulls me towards her. "We worry because we love you, honey" She says as she pats my head. I let out a chuckle and pull her cheeks.

I love pulling my Aunt's cheeks. Her cheeks are the fluffiest and softest cheeks. On top of that, I love seeing my Aunt scowl after I pull her cheeks.

"Taegan!!" I chuckle letting go for her cheek while she gives me a slight slap on the arm, playfully.

"I have cooked lunch for you. Eat it on time" She says

"I told you, I am going outside, didn't I? Why did you bother?"

"Because life's very unpredictable. You should always prepare for the worst. What if your plan gets cancelled?"

"Unless he bails out on me" I murmured while Aunt Betha raised her eyebrows at me.

"What did you say?" She asks while I give her a nervous smile. "Nothing. I was just saying have a nice evening with uncle Fedricks" She scoffs as soon as I mention this.

"I wonder why he decided to take me to his friend's house suddenly like this. Oofff" She lets out an annoyed tone while I smirk at her. "You never know. He might have planned something exciting for you. A nice night out and all"

"Shhhhh" Aunt Betha goes red and closes her eyes, smiling while I chuckle.

It's the little things that matter, isn't it?

I maybe the shy, silent person in front of others but I don't know my limits in front of my closer one sometimes.

"Okay now listen to me carefully" She starts with a firm tone while I straighten myself, nodding my head. Here comes the lecture.

"Andy is going for a study session at her friend's house today. She might be late and I can be too. So take care for the meantime. Don't open for strangers, okay?"

"Aunt, I am not Sarang. You can chill. I have been adapted to live like this from childhood. They always left me alone and left" I give out a smile at her. 

She stares at me and nods her head slowly, patting my shoulders.

"Now leave before Uncle calls me and banishes you from meeting me! Gooo!"

I hold her hand and drag her to the door while she chuckles.

Finally Aunt leaves. Actually I am happy today I am home alone. If people were here, specially Andy, she would have showered questions towards me. Phew. Good Escape.

I quickly hurry to my room and check out my cupboard. So many clothes but still, I can't find a suitable one for an occasion.

Finally after scattering my clothes here and there. I find the perfect clothes and change into it.