Chapter 14

Taegan's POV

I am lost in Duke's eyes and way of talking that I don't even care what he is teaching. Here's a secret, I don't even have chemistry. Good for me that they don't care too much or have much information about me to know this. But at least it gets me a chance to sit and look at Duke, doesn't it? I am too much lost in him. 

That much that I didn't realize he was approaching me, until he comes and sits in front of me, smirking. My eyes widen in shock seeing Trevor Evans

What are you even doing here??? Not now pleasee. Duke's right here!

Rebecca speaks up in an amused tone, " Trevor?? Can't you see we are studying here?"

First time, I like this girl for her straightforwardness. Throw him out, Rebecca. But wait a second. She knows him? 

Of course she does, Taegan. He's the captain of the school cricket team. He's popular.

"Is there actually studying going on over here?"

I stare blankly at Trevor hearing this. Is he serious for now?! Poor Duke looks so confused.

Trevor starts to ask a series of questions. I glare at him, straight. Who is he to come and sit here like this and ask these types of questions?

"I see. So you are the famous Taegan. Trevor's been looking for you like crazy, for weeks. Good to know he finally got to meet you"

My eyes shift to Trevor's friend. I go red, hearing his statement. Trevor's been looking for me like crazy for weeks?? What for? Did he want to meet me that bad??

"Meet? I got to do many more than meet!"

That's it! I am going to kill this dude right now! 

Before I could react or say something, he decides to drop another bomb

"Do you even have chemistry, Taegan? Isn't it a science subject? Aren't you in commerce?"

What the actual fuck?! My entire mind goes blank. I try to process. Did he actually expose me like this? Before my mind start to process, Rebecca loud voice, makes me flinch.

""You don't have chemistry? Why are you even here for then? Trying to distract us while we are trying to study?!"

I stand up hastily from my chair without blinking, thinking.

Everyone's attention shifts to me. Not only the people on the table, but the entire cafeteria looks at me like I am performing some standup comedy.

What??? Look away!!! 

They don't. Instead they eye me more curiously and suspiciously. Even Duke eyes me like he is surprised and suspicious.

Shit. My heart beat starts to increase. This can't be happening. I hate being the center of attention. I hate public interaction. Why's it happening to me?!!

My hands start shaking and my lips tremble. Nooo Taegan. Control yourself. My eyes tries to well up. 

No tears go back. You can't come out right now. I will be the laughing stock for months! Lowering my gaze, so no one can see my tears I speak, "Duk-ke....I am s-sorry. I need to leave.

With that, I run away. I run fast as I can. I need avoid this. I need to get away from here. I can't be here, people looking at me like this. I don't look right or left or halt. I just run.

I climb up the stairs, panting and hurriedly with rushed footsteps. I reach the terrace and pants, exhaling a deep breath. That's when I hear his voice from behind. The person of that voice, the boy I want to kill right now.