Chapter 7

Jamshed POV

I was riding my SUV. I looked at the traffic light turned red and stopped the car. I was looking here and there when a scene from the hospital played in my mind.

Dr. Zainah was standing like a statue with head low, be it at the hospital or during our bus journey.

" She is repeating her mistakes. " I said in a low voice and sighed.

She must be working hard to prove that Homoeopathy works well and it's a good pathy. My heart said.

Maybe... I sighed and thought for a while.

The traffic light turned green and I accelerated to reach home.

" Someone's late today... " I smiled as I saw Yusuf opening the door and saying that.

" Assalamualaikum " I said and entered.

" Walaikum assalam " He replied and hugged me.

" It's been a while. " He said and I nodded.

" When did you arrive? "

" An hour ago. Luckily the train did not delay today. " He chuckled.

I walked further and asked,

" Where's Bade Abba? " I asked.

" In his room. " He replied.

We both entered his room after a knock.

" Assalamualaikum " I said.

" Walaikum assalam " He replied.

" I am happy now Yusuf is here too. I have something to announce. I thought to announce it after dinner. Then thought why to delay it. "

" What announcement Abba? " Yusuf asked.

" Jamshed, your father, my brother, Dr. Javed and I, Dr. Jahangir, started this JJ hospital and now it's the turn of next generation. You will be officially the CEO of this hospital. And Yusuf will be CFO. " Bade Abba said.

" But Bade Abba, you got ill that's why you made me a substitute. You are better now. You can take back your place. " I said.

" I appreciate your thoughts, Jamshed. But I have reached my retirement age. "

" Then ask Yusuf to make the CEO position, I am not eligible. " I shared my opinion.

" Look at him, Yusuf. Make him understand. " Bade Abba said to Yusuf.

" Look, Jamshed, I cannot be CEO because I don't know what my future holds. I was away for many years. You took care of Abba and you managed the hospital too. You did that so well. I lack these skills. I can be HOD and CFO, but not CEO. You deserve it more, brother. " Yusuf said.

I looked down as I had tears built up in my eyes.

I nodded.

" Now don't cry... " Yusuf said.

" What? He is crying? " Bade Abba asked and kept his hand on my arm and asked me to look at him.

" He is crying... Wow... " Bade Abba said.

" Thank you so much, Bade Abba. I'll do my best. " I managed to say that while controling my voice from tearing up.

" You are already doing great. But before that... " Bade Abba complimented and continued,

" It's time for you both to get married as well... "

" Abba, I am younger, ask Jamshed first. "

" You both were born on same day with difference of few hours. In my eyes, you both are of same age. " Bade Abba said.

" But Abba " Yusuf complaint.

" I want you two to get married before the official announcement of new CEO and CFO. "

" Atleast we can get engaged but not married, Abba... " Yusuf said.

" No. Then you might break the engagement and stay single forever. I know you both very well. " Bade Abba said with wide angry eyes.

" Fine. " Yusuf said. Bade Abba looked at me and I said,

" Yes, Bade Abba. " I nodded.

We walked out of the room and walked upstairs to the room.

" Now where will we find ourselves the suitable match? " Yusuf asked.

" You think you will find her. I think Bade Abba will arrange our marriage. " I  chuckled.

*****

A/n

So, how was the chapter?

Are you enjoying reading this story?

I hope you all will enjoy it.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Until then, 

Stay healthy, stay safe.

Keep smiling.

Iram Khan

02/04/2024