┊011

──────═❀═──────
『 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝟏𝟏 』
──═❀═──
━『 Trusting him 』

As we approached the entrance to the formal application room, Kakashi materialized before us, his single visible eye glinting with interest.

"Well, well," he began, his voice carrying a note of amusement. "Sakura, you've decided to join us as well. Now you can formally register for the Chunin Exam."

Sakura's brow furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Kakashi's eye crinkled at the corners as he explained, "Actually, the Chunin Exam traditionally requires teams of three to apply and participate. However, in your case, an exception has been made for a four-member squad."

Sasuke's gaze flickered to me briefly, a silent acknowledgment passing between us.

"But Sensei, you said that the decision to take the exams was up to the individual," Sakura pointed out, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Kakashi nodded, "Yes, I said that."

"Were you lying?" Sakura inquired.

"Yes, I was," Kakashi straight up said. "If I said that, Sasuke and Naruto would probably forcefully convince you to take it under Misaki's influence, but I even if Misaki weren't here they would force you anyway. Even if you didn't have the will to apply, if Sasuke asks you, you would attempt to take the exams half-heartedly. For Sasuke's sake, and, well, Naruto and Misaki's."

"Then if it had only been Misaki, Sasuke and Naruto who had come here?" Sakura asked slowly.

Kakashi responded immediately, "I would've stopped the Exam here. I wouldn't have felt like letting them go beyond this point. So, Misaki, Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura. I'm glad you all came! You're a team I'm proud of. Now you can go on."

The atmosphere in the room was thick with tension, every pair of eyes fixated on our team as if we were intruders in enemy territory. The hostility was palpable, and it sent a chill down my spine despite my efforts to remain composed.

As I scanned the crowd, I couldn't shake the feeling of being singled out, each gaze bearing down on us like a weight. It was unnerving, to say the least.

"We should've arrived earlier," I muttered to myself, regret gnawing at me. Neji's earlier encounter now seemed suspicious, almost as if he had orchestrated it to delay our arrival.

"Sasuke, you're late!" Ino's voice cut through the tension, and I turned to see her clinging onto Sasuke from behind, her embrace unwelcome by his stiffened posture. His expression soured at her intrusion, a mixture of bitterness and annoyance evident on his face.

Ino's obliviousness to Sasuke's discomfort only added to the awkwardness of the moment, her enthusiasm contrasting sharply with the sombre mood of the room.

I could practically feel the waves of annoyance and jealousy emanating from Sakura as she exclaimed, "Get away from Sasuke, Ino! You pig!"

Ino's teasing tone only seemed to exacerbate Sakura's irritation as she continued to drape herself over Sasuke, her arm lingering possessively over his shoulder. Sasuke's discomfort was evident, his expression contorting into a visible grimace.

"Ah, Sakura, there you are," Ino teased, finally releasing Sasuke but still maintaining a physical closeness that seemed to irk him. "Still hoping the big, mutant forehead look is going to come into fashion, huh? How sweet!"