Chapter 12 - Market Mission

"I'm not sure about this guys." Robin gave her opinion. "Isn't this shoplifting and robbery?"

Rick rolled his eyes at her and crossed over his arms, he then sunk into his seat for a moment. Meanwhile, Baggins discreetly attempted to drive up to the supermarket's entrance and barely hit the curve of the footpath.

"We have no choice, do you want to starve to death?" Rick justified. "I say we go straight there, don't waste any time."

"There could be shoppers in there Rick." Baggins pointed out the obvious problems as well as Rick's plain idiocy. He rubbed his forehead sideways with his thumb and index finger as the car was resting.

"We have to figure something out, if there are...those things in there then. We're fucked." Alex was beginning to surrender to the beasts.

"What are we going to do?" Robin pondered with slight desperation in her voice.

"We are just going to have to go in with caution." Mr. Baggins began to roll up every window that was open by a fraction and then released himself from the seatbelt and Rick followed the teacher's steps. "Right, everyone out."

One by one everyone began to follow Mr. Baggins's demands and removed their own seat belts from their bodies and exited the vehicle.

"Dontcha think it's a bit...too quiet?" Rick's paranoid suspicions were rising in him. He silently cocked his gun behind everyones back, just in case.

Everyone stopped talking as they listened to their own surroundings, the subtle brushing of each tree slowly swaying against the other or empty space. The eerie silence was only filled with natural sounds coming from the smallest plants, rattling of the leaves against the concrete ground of the car park.

"Hmm...." Baggins groaned for a moment before gently exhaling through his nose.

"I guess you're right about that. Shouldn't there be a slight bit of noise---?" Octavia questioned before a sudden loud bang appalled the rest of them.

A sudden gunshot wound grazed against her left shoulder but still impaling it. Pockets of blood ruined her fumbling clothing as it flowed out berserkly. Octavia fell to the floor in agony as she gripped her shoulder, attempting to dispose of the bleeding.

"Everyone take fuckin' cover!" Rick directed everyone.

"AHH! Fuck!" Octavia cried as the bullet throbbed inside of her shoulder.

Mr. Baggins quickly grabbed Octavia from the ground and quizzically directed her to a nearby wall for temporary cover.

"I Fucking knew it!!" Rick huffed and puffed as the bullets continued to fire relentlessly.

"How the hell do they have guns?? Aren't those illegal??" Elliot panicked as he tried to comfort his bleeding friend.

"Not illegal for everybody! I bet they robbed the department before us." Rick fired in the direction of the bullets as the sliding doors smoothly glided open for the right time for the cop. Rick's remaining bullet barely shot far into the store. It crashed into the metal bar of an isle. "Shit! I'm out."

As the conflict grazed against the group once more, Rick proceeded to get more and more frustrated with the unnecessary squabble against a random pair of survivors. Screams of the dead nearing but yet they were silenced by the war.

"Their fucking hogging the supplies arent they?" Rick growled while mumbling his words. "We can't catch a break can we?"

"Rick, shut your fucking mouth! They don't have unlimited bullets!" Alex yelled, trying to heighten her voice over the session of hogment. "Just wait!"