Chapter 6

Zainah POV

I freshened up and sat on my study chair. I took out the diary and wrote,

' Have confidence in yourself esp when your gut feeling is that strong. '

After writing the lesson I learnt today, I closed the diary. I rested back when I saw a paper visible. I took out the paper and started reading it in my mind.

Dear future husband,

I don't know where you are. I hope you are happy and healthy. You are doing great work. Don't give up.

I miss you. I was always married to you in my mind. I hope we meet soon.
Just promise me that you will not get angry with me. I hate fights and violence.
That you will not leave me. Because I cannot live without you.
That you will understand me and my opinions. Because there is no one who understands me.
That you will not shout at me. I hate shoutings. And I cry when someone shouts at me.
That you will make me understand your opinions in a very sweet way. Because I want to know more about you.
That you will not force yourself upon me.
That we both will respect and trust each other,
That we both will not make jokes about husband and wife.

Will you marry me and be with me throughout the journey of our remaining life? And make this journey a happy and memorable one filled with love?

Please answer me soon.

Your future wife,
Zainah Khan
26/12/2023

I chuckled.

" What was I thinking while writing this...? " I smiled and looked at the date.

" Wait... I wrote it a few months ago... Was it because my every batchmate were getting married? " I asked myself.

" Stupid you! " I said to myself and thought to tore it but felt like I should keep it.

Knock
knock

" Yes " I said hiding my diary.

" Baji, I have a surprise for you. " Both of my younger sister entered my room while saying.

" Both of you? " I asked.

" Yes. " They both nodded.

" And what is it? " I asked.

" This. " They passed me the envelopes.

I tore the ends of envelopes and took out the applications.

" Acceptance at JJ hospital... " I read the phrase in both the letters.

" Yes. I'll be the new paediatrician at the hospital. I heard Dr. Rahul got promoted to the main branch in Delhi. " Manha said while sitting on my bed.

" And I'll be in the general surgery department. And guess what? I'll be the only female junior in that department. And will become the only female surgeon when Dr. Shweta and Dr. Parminder gets retired in next month. " My youngest sister, Saba, said sitting beside Manha.

" I am so happy for you both. " I said and walked towards my bed and hugged them.

" We have to join on Monday. "

" That's great. Then I'll take holiday from hospital. We will celebrate. After joining the hospital, you won't get much time to party and celebrate. " I gave them a hint.

" I know, Baji. " Manha said.

" I'm already regretting this. " Saba said with a sad face.

" Why would you say that? " I asked.

" Then no time for kdramas. " She pouted.

" Awww, my dear... " I said and hugged her.

" Baji you always forget me... " Manha pouted and hugged us.

" Okay, now tell us about the CEO of the hospital... How is he? I heard he is handsome and single. " Manha asked making an excited face.

" I heard CFO is also handsome. He was our senior... Dr. Yusuf. He will be joining us too. " Saba shared the information.

" Ohh... But in comparison to Dr. Jamshed, I think he will be not that handsome. " Manha said.

Manha and Saba were busy in comparison while I went to the world of thoughts. I don't know what it was. Or maybe I am wrong.
But whenever I made an eye contact with Dr. Jamshed, his brown cola eyes. I felt like my heart skipped a beat. And the way he praised me, I felt proud and happy. I was happy he didn't suspend me in front of the parents and the staff members. And also he warned other doctors that this suspension news should not leak out of his cabin.
I mean, wow. He has a good heart... Maybe...

" Where are you lost Baaji? " Manha asked tapping my shoulder.

" No, nothing... " I said.

" I think Baji was imagining both of them. The handsome doctors walking around her. Omg... " Saba teased.

" Saba!! " I scolded.

" Baji, it's time now. "

" Regarding? "

" Your marriage. Get married soon. So that we can have chance too. " Saba said the end part in whisper but it was audible to her elder sisters.

" What?! " I asked and hold her hand as she was planning to run away.

" Do you like someone? "

" Baji that's a very direct question... " Saba said.

" And we want a direct answer. " Manha said.

" I am trapped. " Saba said pouting.

I looked at Manha and we both laughed.

*****

A/n

So, how was the chapter?

Are you enjoying reading this story?

I hope you all will enjoy it.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Until then, 

Stay healthy, stay safe.

Keep smiling.

Iram Khan

01/04/2024