Chapter 89

Last night, eunji had similarly sought Him out for a discussion. He had claimed that she was seriously angered by his  recent behaviour.

Eunji had threatened that if he did not obediently ask Jungkook to return the money that he took away from the Kim family, he would have no one but himself to blame for the consequences.

But Taehyung had refused to give in.

It turned out that Eunji's so-called ‘consequence’ was to spread this matter through Iseul's lips.

She was trying to make him lose his status as a student here!

“Since someone shared the news with me, I naturally won’t betray them.” iseul made herself sound especially righteous when she responded.

Taehyung tested her with his words. “My mom must have given you the information. Taking her money and slandering me, is that appropriate?”

Both the teachers and students were once more taken aback.

“Teacher song was bribed? It can’t be?”

“I don’t believe she’s someone like that...”

Iaeul immediately raged and ranted. “taehyung, don’t spout nonsense! I didn’t take any money from your mother! Yes, eunji was the one who told me about this matter.”

She then brought out her phone and tapped on it, opening her text conversation with eunji.

She first showed it to several other teachers before waving it slowly to the students by the door and windows. “Did you all see this? Eunji, who is taehyung's mother, personally told me about this matter. How could it be false? For the sake of concealing this matter, eunji even transferred eight hundred dollars to me. As a teacher, I have to maintain a good character. As everyone can tell from our conversation, I rejected her money.”

“It really seems like so.” Several teachers in the office nodded along.

Iseul continued speaking in a serious manner. “taehyung is being kept by a man and has used his dirty money to be here. Our Seoul national University has always valued moral character. He is sullying our beautiful reputation with his actions. Not to mention, his grades are also atrocious. Shouldn’t he be fired from the school?”

She was too lazy to use oblique words like ‘dirty’ any longer.

She directly claimed that taehyung was being kept by a man.

It was a hundred million dollars. Even if she worked as a lecturer for the rest of her life, she would never be able to earn that amount.

Her earnings weren’t small. In a year, she could earn up to forty thousand dollars.

However, she was unlike those capable research professors whose salary made up to a hundred to two hundred thousand a year.

She never wore common clothes. The food she ate, the places she lived in and the countries she visited were all costly expenditures. A facial mask alone was twenty dollars and she used up to two to three masks a day. As a result, her cosmetic items alone cost up to several hundred dollars. Normally, when she travelled, she would end up spending several hundred dollars a day. Her car was also expensive...

With her current income, there was no way she could afford it. Even now, she was battling her credit card debt every month.

Since young, she had tried every possible way to be with a rich man. Some men had been willing to spend some money on her. Amongst them, the most generous one had only spent ten to twenty thousand dollars on her.

This was a fortune that she, iseul, had spent half her life struggling but failing to obtain. She didn’t understand what sort of luck taehyung had to obtain that much money!