Prologue

It is a bright and cold day. The sun is high up in the partly clear sky, but despite that it is still all ultimately cold. The wind is freezing, the chill is enough to pierce through a thick layer of three or four clothing commonly used for places with winter weather climate.

The surrounding was vast pure white, the trees were mostly void of greens as they stood in this deafening tundra, a sight so vividly scenic like those in the nature tv shows that features northern icly wilderness that I used to watch.

The whispy white puff of smoke that form everytime I breathe out is a clear evidence of how high altitude and cold this place was.

It’s friggin cold! ....—Or so my brain described it as.

Yet strangely, I don’t feel cold or whatnot, nor even I feel the chill of the breeze as it brushes by my face. And even I’m in my casual clothing, that people seen definitely not appropriate and provide none of the proper protection for this kind of weather, I still felt nothing.

I’m as usual fine. Neither of the cold temperature or the high altitude, that causes an irregular to difficult breathing for other people, bothers me.

Maybe it’s because of my new body....

I thought so while trailing alone towards my destination. What am I doing in such place, you wonder? Well I, [ Noelle " Noir " Zera Nythblood ], is currently searching for someone I knew that undoubtedly survived that day.

My Grandpa apparently had sent her here for insubordination and hitting a higher rank officer who’s making advances on her.

Although her kicking the groin of that worthless swine was less of my concerns, because I told her long time ago that when we feel ' threatened ' we simply just let them have it, her commiting such as insubordination? That’s nigh impossible!

I’ve known her since childhood, and she’s very strict and well disciplined when it comes to fulfilling her duties. She’s very obedient and devoted, when it comes to me, she wouldn’t allow any compromise. That’s why I doubt her disobeying orders.... —I guess people do change huh?

“ Mother, we’re arriving at our destination by night fall. ” Bel informed me.

[ Bel ] is an Artificial Life or an ' Anima ', an existence that I created through one of my new abilities and with a part of my existence. She taken a form of a black metal hairpin that’s as long as a pencil. I gave her life, so that’s why she calls me Mother. —Well it doesn’t bothers me anyways, so I just let her be.

“ Mm—hmm, I see. ” Hearing Bel pulls me back on my deep thoughts. I simply tossed all that at the back of my mind and shortly replied while walking.

“ Although we anticipated it, it still quite surprising for the Duke to agree to our terms easily. ” Bel said, recalling what happened to our meeting with Grandpa earlier. “ But wouldn’t it be more convenient if you use the Nythblood’s military too? I mean considering how large and influential they are, achieving your vengeance, if not easier, will be quicker right? ”

Well true. With the Ducal Household’s military strength and influence, it’ll be quicker for me to achieved my vengeance, revenge against the Royal Family of Ainsworth Kingdom, my Grandpa also said this too. —However....

“ Considering the Household’s enormous military and influence, my plans of revenge will indeed be easier. But, also that very reason why I can impossibly use them to my own disposal. ” “ Huh? Why Mother? ” “ The lives that I only want is the Royal Family’s. I don’t need any other than theirs alone. ”

That’s right, I only want the lives of the Royal Family and nothing more. As much as possible, I don’t want anyone, other than myself, to get involved in this. I don’t want other people to get involved with me— No, I don’t wanna!