Chapter 84

It was not actually a misunderstanding.

In fact, taehyung had intentionally instructed haein to describe him that way.

At the time, he had known that jennie was following him to come up with ways to scheme against him. Thus, he had decided to lay a trap for her.

This way, jennie would get an opportunity to put her ‘schemes’ into action.

Of course, if jennie had no intentions of harming him and left haein alone, his instructions to haein would have been futile.

Irene suddenly realised she had not covered the microphone on her phone. Hence, the other party had caught the entirety of their conversation.

Haein did not hear any response to her words and became flustered. “I mean it! Everything I just said is the truth. You can’t wrong Mr. Kim like this. Also, Mr. Kim , although it’s true that I accepted a thousand dollars from this lady, it was because I assumed there was no harm in sharing a small comment about your brother being an old man. If I had known it would cause so much trouble for you, I definitely would not have accepted it! I am a professional property agent. I would never break my client’s confidentiality!”

Taehyung raised his voice to respond. “All right, Ms. Hong. Thank you for correcting her. I’ve troubled you.”

“You’re welcome, Nr. Kim . Feel free to call me anytime. You can also look for me if you plan to buy more apartments. I’m available to help you at all times.” haein wanted to continue with a long speech to advertise her services, but irene ended the call in a fit of anger. She pointed at taehyung and was about to begin her verbal abuse.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes and hoseok, the bodyguard standing behind him, immediately stepped forward. He caught irene's wrist and twisted it behind her back.

“Ah, what are you trying to do?” irene shrieked in fear.

“Slandering taehyung in front of me...” jungkook spoke slowly in a threatening tone. “It seems like your father Na sanghoon has brought his daughter up poorly. There’s no need for the Na Corporation to continue operating any further.”

“What...” Upon hearing this, irene became flustered.

She raised her voice in fear., “CEO Jeon, I recognise my mistakes. Please don’t be angry at the Na family! Don’t blame my father! This was all my fault!”

“When the daughter misbehaves, the father has to take responsibility.” jungkook's faint smile was cruel. Although his gaze was dark and threatening, his tone was indifferent. “Did you think your father is the only person being punished? Since you dared to scheme against my man , you should find out for yourself what the consequences are.”

Irene's heart sank.

Jungkook's man... Wasn’t he famous for having no interest in people? Taehyung, the rotten trash, was actually his man!

She immediately understood. It was no wonder jennie wanted to ruin taehyung. It turned out that her little brother had climbed into her husband’s bed!

Immediately after processing this news, irene shot a harsh glare at jennie. This was all her fault!

Although she hated taehyung, without a certain someone’s instigation, this would not have happened.

She wanted to expose jennie, but...

“irene, if you end up messing things up, you definitely cannot betray me. I’m jungkook's fiancée. I’m the only person who can save you. If you expose my involvement in this, I’ll similarly be in trouble. No one will be able to help you then!”