53

53 - Engulfed By Heat

HADEN

           I hurried towards the meeting room from the confines of my office, my mind racing with what James mentioned to me earlier. There was no time to waste and we needed everyone on the same page before this attack happened.

Three days.

That's all we had to go off on. That's how long we had to prepare before everything either went to shit or not. I dug out my phone from my back pocket as I walked, scrolling through contacts as I tried to find Alex's number.

When I finally joined the Alphas, I wasted no time in addressing the reason for their assembly.

"Alex is on the line as well," I immediately informed them, my voice carrying a note of urgency. "He'll be representing the Crown in all this."

"Why did you wake us out of bed this late, Pierce? It's been a pretty hectic night," Bryon complained, but a sly smirk was on his lips.

"Oh, don't be crude," Harley uttered.

Bryon's smirk widened as he leaned forward. "Oh baby, I can be whatever you want me to be, with the right motivation."

Harley leaned forward, matching his flirtatious gaze. "My kind of motivation is something you can't even begin to comprehend."

"Haden?" Alex's voice came from the phone in my hand. "What's going on?"

"Enough of this," I told the Alphas before laying the phone on the table and peering at them all. "Alex, you're here with Greyson, Harley, Bryon, Cannon, Stephan, Conner, and myself. We've got seriously troubling news from James on the Rogue King and the Alpha of the Saros Shadows."

Stephan's curiosity piqued at the mention of the Rogue King and Alpha Caine's involvement, prompting him to inquire further.

"You've found something else besides the attack on Mount Luna?"

I gave him a nod.

"Yes, James managed to stumble on some information that would benefit us all. While out there, James found his mate and apparently, she heard some crucial information while in Alpha Caine's pack."

Harley raised a brow. "Information like what?"

Then I told them everything, watching their expressions go from calm to angry and concerned. The tension in the room thickened as the Alphas wrapped their heads around the impending attack, a chilling night air entering the large space through the cracks in the window.

"T-Three days?" Bryon stuttered.

"And you have no idea if he's going to attack just the Tritons or all of us?" Stephen asked.

"No, we got two different sides of the story, but the Rogue King has his eyes set on this pack. He failed once and that's his driving force, so he'll attack here for sure, but we have no way of figuring out if the other packs will be involved as well."

"But why would he tell the Alpha one thing and the Alpha tell the pack another?" Harley mused.

I shrugged, the thought crossing my mind already. "No idea, but from what I know of the Rogue King, he's the one calling the shots. It could either be that the Alpha is cruel and greedy, wanting to gain all the packs at once, or that the Rogue King told the Alpha to present the idea of attacking three packs so that if any word gets out then it doesn't spoil his grand plan."