~One~ Help. I'm drowning.

I glanced over at the deep end of the pool to see one of my friends thrashing around

I glanced over at the deep end of the pool to see one of my friends thrashing around. I snickered softly, glancing at my other friends, unsure of what to do. They didn't seem to be paying much attention. I looked back at my friend. She swore she could swim well. So why isn't she?

I mumble softly under my breath before slipping on my flip-flops and making my way over to the edge of the pool. I could hear her garbled screams of 'help.'

"What're you doing?" I snickered, looking down at her. "You can just swim. It's not that hard."

She continued to kick and thrash. I wasn't convinced, however. She can swim. She's fine.

"Help." I heard her say between gasps. "I'm drowning."

I chuckled softly, kneeling down. "Just eat the water." I joked. She eventually stopped thrashing and sank down to the bottom of the pool. "You're such a jokester. But I think the joke's getting old."

She didn't come back up. She's been down there for awhile. I started to get a bit worried. I looked at the lifeguards. No one was paying attention. Everyome was on their phones. Maybe they also thought she was joking.

She'll be fine.