Ellie Van Helsing

Name:
Ellie Van Helsing

Age:
11

Birthday:
October 30th, 1985

Species:
Human/werewolf hybrid (prefers the term: Wolf shifter)

Nationality:
European & Romanian

Family:
Gabriel Van Helsing (dad)
Princess Anna Valerious (dead mom)
Carl (non-related uncle figure)

Nicknames:
Princess/my little monster hunter (Dad)
Wolfie (Eggs & Winnie)
E (Fish)

Description:
White skin with crazy brown locks of hair with black tips and brown eyes. On her head is a pair of goggles. She wears a gray tank-top like shirt with baggy light walnut brown pants that are tied with a black belt. Around her neck is a golden locket and she has small silver hoop and simple loop earrings in her left ear. On her hands are brown gloves. On her arms are multiple small scars (mostly due to getting hit by Snatcher's car) and on her upper right arm is white bandages. On her left cheek is a small scar that starts at her jaw.

Friends:
Eggs
Fish
Shoe
Sweets
Sparky
Oil can
Fragile
Carl
Mr. Pickles
Mr. Trout

Frenemy:
Winnie

Enemy:
The boxtroll exterminators (the redhats)
Humans

Personality:
Kind
Feisty
Huge tomboy
Smart
Inventive
Protective
A great person to be around unless you anger her
Quick to apologize
Tries to be a pacifist most of the time
Accepting

Skills:
Fighting skills
Quick reflexes
Wolf trasformation
Inventing
Amazing hearing
Tracking skills
Stealthy
Can sense evil

Likes:
Inventing
Building
Running around in her wolf form
Climbing
Sparring with her dad
Ravens and owls
Listening to Eggs and Fish's music
Studying different monsters
Reading
Exploring
Bug fighting with Shoe

Dislikes:
Humans
Snatcher
The redhats
Evil monsters
Dresses
An over abundance of cheese
Fire
Pitchforks

Fear:
Fire
Pitchforks
Werewolf hunters (besides the knights of the holy order)
Eggs getting hurt

Crush:
Eggs

Goals:
To help/protect the boxtrolls and Eggs and to slowly try to get over her past and finally heal.

Fun fact:

she has triggers that causes her to turn into a wolf. For example: when she gets to hyper, getting too angry, getting hurt, experiencing an adrenaline rush, protecting something/someone, and fire.

sometimes, depending on how mad she is or her state of mind, her eyes turn into the one that belongs to her wolf form.

sometimes she acts like a puppy due to her werewolf genes. She growls when grumpy, spring up when excited, and sometimes sticks her tongue out a little when she's thinking.

she only leaves the den at nighttime with the other boxtrolls, despite her being able to leave whenever she likes.

most of her scars are caused by an event that left her traumatize.

her hair actually represents the fur colors of her wolf form.

she was born only a few days before her mother's death, so she never had a chance to get any memories of her.

(Okay, so in the story, Van helsing was bitten by a werewolf before meeting Anna. Therefore, causing Ellie to get her wolf genes from him. Unfortunately, Anna died not long after her birth due to her curing him after he killed dracula. Hopefully that helps.)

Ellie hates wearing dresses so much that she has to be forced to wear them. Despite this, she only wears the dress for an hour before going back to being her tomboyish self.

she secretly has a crush on eggs, but keeps it hidden because she's scared he might not feel the same and that she'd make things weird between them.

fish is the only one who knows what happened to her because he's like a another father to her.

she often has to make sure Sparky doesn't accidentally electrocute himself to death.

can shapeshift into a wolf willingly, even during a full moon.

she calls Eggs "Eggsie" just to tease him.

during most of her adolescents, Carl watched over her while her dad was away, teaching her how to build.

Ellie keeps her identity a secret due to the fact that the boxtrolls are considered "monsters" and she's the daughter of the most infamous monster hunters there is.

has a slight traslavanian accent and sometimes curses in her native language so no one understands what she's saying.

Quotes:
"If your going to kill someone, kill them! Don't stand there talking about it!"

"Your not just some boy, Eggs. Your so much more than that."

"We transylvanian's always look on the brigher side of death. I'll see my mother again someday."

"Okay.... I need to scrub my eyes now after witnessing that."

Incorrect quotes:

Ellie: smiles at the redhats taughtly, her eyes turning into her wolf ones. "Woof!"

🧀🐺🧀

Eggs: looks at Ellie then at Winnie before grabbing her hand. "It burns! IT BURNS!!!"

🧀🐺🧀

Sparky: runs up to Ellie with fire on his box. "My box is on fire!" Runs away before running back to her. This time his underwear was on fire. "My underwear is on fire!" Runs off yet again before coming back. Now his entire body was set aflame. "I AM ON FIRE!!!!"

Ellie: snaps out of her shock before she throws water on him, taking out the fire.

🧀🐺🧀

Eggs: throws a rolly polly at Ellie, missing her.

Ellie: "Ha! Miss me! Miss me! Now you gotta ki-" immediately stops herself from finishing her sentence as a red blush settles on her face.

Eggs: oblivious to her blush. "I gotta what?"

Ellie: "Nothing!" Starts walking away.

Eggs: "what? I gotta do what?" Follows her.

Backstory:
After suffering a traumatic event, Ellie runs away from home and travels to cheesebridge and is taken in by the boxtrolls as she tries to whip her slate clean. But things don't go according to plan as Snatcher and the other redhats threaten her new family. So with the help of Eggs: the boxboy, and Winnie: a weird rich girl, the three set out to stop them and learn that you can't judge a book by it's cover.